All Members Please Read Important Selling Idea

Following a recent transaction on this site im a little ticked off, if u buy somethin through the forum you do so at your own risk. I think there needs to be some sort of insurance of gettin your money back if it goes tits up.

I left wondering what could be done to stop this form happening in the future when i buy from the forum i checks post counts and the reputation on tgtt. When you buy on ebay you check people feedback. Now I no there are feedback topics but these can be hard to find. i think it would be extreemely helpful for a number to be next to there display name showing how many sales they have done?

1. I think the forum could benefit from adding a ebay styled number next to your name for selling goods, this number can go up for the amount of sales you do and there could be a comment bits or something for how smooth the sale is (think this would be fairly cost free to stup)

2. The other thing i think is that sellers should be VERIFIED ie u apply for a selling account that has to be verified for you to sell. for eg a letter should be sent out to the applicant home address with a confirmation code on it for them to be able to sell. There address and all details should be kept by admin and this can be passed on to police all a couple of heavs to go about gettin your money back and a bit of justice. a utility bill all something or photo copy of driving liscence could even be used. THE DRIVING LISCENCE THING may be a bit over the top.

but this remains as a suggestion i think that members who want to sell should pay a subscription for the time and effort involved for admin to follow up these checks and store information. This could benefit everyone and with starlets becoming more and more popular these day i think this could be a good move for the club and all club members. this would help to eliminate problems i think my ideas could be adapted to make this site safer for buying and selling. Traders o n here do a great job and so do most sales people just there are a few who mess this up for everyone.

its just a suggestion and i myself would be more than happy to pay a subscription. If u guys think this is bollox fair enough just some people send 100's some send 1000's at a time this could benefit everyone.

this is a good idea :) it will also stop jerks just trying to make a quick buck on there fucked up starlet, which they couldnt even be bothered to use the propper template etc!

there should deffo be an admin fee cus it will be a ball ache to arrange all the paperwork etc.

other ways would be if we had a proper market place type thing and used google checkout or something.

i think the forum would need to be paid only to warrant this.

firstly, it would need more moderators, more time, and there would be a helluva lot more paperwork.

the Itrader thing could work, but anything more than that, inho is too much. you buy at your own risk, its stated.

when i buy from people, i get a contact phone number, preferrably an address, and i ask for confirmation of postage the day after i pay for things via paypal. im still waiting from something i paid for 2 days ago, the seller has another day, and i will lodge a complain in paypal, even before i contact them again, as this then holds the £££ and makes it easier for me to win the ispute should it come to it.

Yeah it is a good idea i have sold a few things and not one person has publicy said thanks etc its all

Been in pms , on tgtt you have to have a certain post count , this could be a good idea also and they have a rep thing wer members can giv people rep

Mate im saying we should pay for this. its money well spent the money would be paid to benfit ourselves i totally think this is worth it. KINGCARR is right it would stop fucked up starlets being sold by idiots who jus sign up and sell. What you are sayin is good information address and telephone number is defo a must i should have thought of this lol. Do you not see the positive gains from this ? A little expense can save somone £1000's, and also aggro, worry etc. its just an idea any way we are a not just a club we r all a team of people who share the same passion it benefits everyone?

As above exchange contact details

1) bang there postcode into to google....atleast gives you an idea it isnt some made up bull

2) proceed to pay check there paypal name matches the name you know them by

3) text them the next day asking for postage details

4) after 3 days time text/pm/post in the for sale thread and ask what the craic is and then get onto paypal

Along that process if anything seems fishy go to paypal/pull out/let others know

1) bang there postcode into to google....atleast gives you an idea it isnt some made up bull

4) after 3 days time text/pm/post in the for sale thread and ask what the craic is and then get onto paypal

Along that process if anything seems fishy go to paypal/pull out/let others know

tru beans mate

its what i do with everything i buy.

Thats why I paid to become a donated member.

I love the forum aswell as being a paid member on tgtt.

The knowledge learnt is Invaluable here and I want the forum to continue, hence why I am willing to pay.

I got stitched up on tgtt by a thief, I stupidly gave him money even though he wasnt a known member but he had the parts I needed!

I would be happy to continue paying to sell on here!

Actually..I really like the feedback thing idea.

Just have a little number below your post count or something.

I'm sure there is someone with some web development experience on here that could work along side the admin to get that up and running?

now i think this a good idea with the posotive feedback score for every1 but it has happened in the past where well respected members with lots of posts and sales feedbacks etc have ripped people off for hundreds/thousands of pounds then done a runner! domino dan being a prime example, toby etc the best thing you can do is dont pay as a gift on paypal! or pay with a credit card as you have some sort of a comeback if some1 does mess you about!

Dean :)

Just to add to that

if they dont give you contact details/not all of them demand them.....EVERYONE has a mobile so why would anyone want to give any other number?

also if they specifically ask you to send it as a "gift" show them the finger as the buyer usually pays the fees so what should it matter to them aslong as they get the deal ammount

i have paid as a gift a few times lol i dont understand why people prefer it?!? saying that, i generally rape the company car and collect the items :)

if its that much bother about the fee's why dont people just ad it to the price of the product/part?

e.g im selling a hat, i will sell it for £4 because of the fee, otherwise cash on collection or whatever will be £3!