Respraying a Car

Right looks as if i may be moving soon! Not that i really want to but the New house has a garage.. Which has kinda made me think.

My original plan when i got the Starlet was to get it resprayed as the Body work is the only thing letting the car down (Only scratches) but i like cleaning car's and i lose interest once i see a scratch :)

I originally wanted to do Body work at college so it's not as if I'm going to attempt something i have no interest in what so ever lol

So if i got the Equipment, a few electric Heaters and Dust sheeted the garage, how hard is it to Respray a car.. ?

Hi mate its very easy ounce you get the hang of it but i would not just jump strate into it practice on a few small things first get confident the main thing when spraying a car or any item is preparation thats the key skill good prep work before hand hope this helps Ty :)

Too hard to make a decent job of it, ask Idrees he done it, sure he wasnt happy alot of the time :)

What colour would you do it? Alot of prep work involved aswell, would you do the door shuts? engine bay ect.?

Same colour as standard mate Black Metallic so wouldn't be to much work by having to do inside of doors ect..

I may just get my old man's mate to do it as was originally planned!!

It's just he quoted me (estimate) £700 for a Exterior respray (Same colour) before but he found out the Standard colour of my car is Really expensive paint so it bumped it up to over £1200 which i know isn't much but still lol

ALOT harder than it looks. By the time you buy the PROPER eqiupment (I'm talking a GOOD compressor, a GOOD gun, Air lines, Paint, sand paper, masking tape, polithene sheeting, filler, etc etc etc) and the time you spend prepping the car PROPERLY, it would have been possibly cheaper and a LOT less hassle then doing it yourself.

My mate painted my old car, he done a FUCKING AWESOME job, but it took us nearly 3 Months.

3 mounth :) JESUS lol

Too hard to make a decent job of it, ask Idrees he done it, sure he wasnt happy alot of the time :)

What colour would you do it? Alot of prep work involved aswell, would you do the door shuts? engine bay ect.?

Ha, you would know from all the times I used to go mental at my car because I messed the paint up! It's a pain in the arse, I'd only ever do another respray UNLESS if I had loads of space and a proper atmosphere to do it. And I'm saying that after 3 years of 'practice'

I may just get my old man's mate to do it as was originally planned!!

It's just he quoted me (estimate) £700 for a Exterior respray (Same colour) before but he found out the Standard colour of my car is Really expensive paint so it bumped it up to over £1200 which i know isn't much but still lol

Sorry mate, that's pathetic!! Expensive paint my arse, it's just the same as any other metallic. I worked in a automotive paint shop where we mixed/sold a lot of paint!

Ha, you would know from all the times I used to go mental at my car because I messed the paint up! It's a pain in the arse, I'd only ever do another respray if I had loads of space and a proper atmosphere to do it. And I'm saying that after 3 years of 'practice'

Sorry mate, that's pathetic!! Expensive paint my arse, it's just the same as any other metallic. I worked in a automotive paint shop where we mixed/sold a lot of paint!

2 words BULL SHIT as idrees said i would spray your full car if u was close to me for £400 lol :)