Just a quick question about what tyres you guy run i guess the majority are runnung 195/45/15's

if so what make and model etc. Im in need of some tyres as my mot is due on the 6th jan and tax at the end of december which is a bit poo!!! the garage accross from work quoted me £210 for some toyo proxes not sure if there T1-S or R

cheers

rob

my favourite tyres are yokohama A539.dont knw any prices but i loved them wen i had alloys on my last car.good in all different weathers aswell whereas some sports tyres arnt as grippy as they shuld be in the rain.thats my opinion anyway.ps i agree with ecksjay.195/45/15 are good but they can be quite hard like ecksjay said.i prefer 50 aswell. ;-)

i wouldnt go yoko's again personally, not when compared to eagle f1's or t1-r's etc.

i had a set of yoko dna gp's, and those were like ice skates. a539's are better but still nothing compared to eagle f1's. they're in a different league.

i have some bridgestone potenza G-II's on the 14" SSR's (195/60R14) and they seem to grip well round the twisties, havent lost it yet and i drive it hard.

not so great in a straight line, but that'll be the 1bar and lack of an LSD causing that, well, off the line anyway, they're fine when you're moving.

Got some budgets on the rear that i'd strangely impressed with too. They're 'Courier Monza's', which i found out is a sub-division of Pirelli. I had them laying around from some random odd wheels i bought (racing sparcos) so thought i'd use em as they were basically brand new, and i needed some on the rear anyway as the other two bridgestones were completely bald. anyway, they've done a swell job considering the abuse they get. they haven't EVER let go (even in heavy rain) which is quite impressive, although the glanza is very much more prone to understeering than oversteering (unlike the gt) so for the price i paid for em (i.e nothing) they're done a bloody good job. not tried em on the front but if i do then i dont see why they wouldnt do a reasonable job, they're sized 195/60R14 also.

what size tyres would come as standard?? i think my mate has got 50's on his and i think he has catching probs but i seem to think he has wheel spacers on too!!

standard wheels were 14's, so it would've been something like 195/60 or 175/65.

i've got a539's on now, and they wear away like a bitch although its made to good use wen i hammer it!

but in my time i have had the toyo t1-rs and eagle f1's which are way better than the yokos in my opinion!

i pay £43 a tyre and thats 195/45/15 for the toyo t1-r's. 45 are a bit bumpy though as i have felt!

standard wheels were 14's, so it would've been something like 195/60 or 175/65.

standard wheels on the sr are the 15" speedlines or at least i thought they were??

Thanks for recomending eagle f1's though i will try and get a price tomorrow

not your fault mate, mytyres aint the easiest to use (shit site).....

what you need to put in is as follows;-

in the selection boxes, 195 / 50 R15.

leave the Speed Index as it comes (H: upto 130mph for me), shouldnt matter really.

then out of the four bullet point options, select 'All' (instead of either, Summer, All-season tyre or Winter tyre).

i also leave 'Your top recommendation !!!' ticked too.

then hit '--search for tyre--' just underneath the text above, ignore all the text underneath this top section aswell as the second '--search for tyre--' button, use the top one.

then on page 5 i've noticed they have Uniroyal Rainsports for like £34.20 (cracking tyres, not literally :)), which do the same job if not better than eagle f1/t1-r's, plus are better suited to our climate as they're even better in the wet than in the dry, which as it rains lots over here means they're shit hot. they arent rain tyres specifically, just really good all rounders (and will prob last longer than the goodyears/toyos).

If you go to page 6, the 8th tyre down SHOULD be Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's, which are the ones you want (for around £35 a corner).

Toyo T1-R's are on page 3 at around £30 a corner, for reference.