Corsa VXR

as each day passes im getting massive urges for a nice new car.....even though i desperatly dont wanna get rid of the starbo

something thats really taking my fancy is the corsa vxr, although i wasnt keen on the new shape corsa when it first came out they've grown on me and i now think the vxr is absolutely stunning from most angles.

So what you guys reckon? heard owt about them tuning wise etc?

the standard car is much the same speed wise as my V at present as i had no problem keeping with one round some bendys a couple of week back.. - well at least i think it was standard (and it was then.. looking at it, i realised how much i like them)

i think ther pretty smart i just dont like the name corsa haha if ya like em go n see about a test drive mate.

dont be suprised if someone comes along in a min and says with the money you would spend on one you could make your starbo well fast lol usually happens when someone mentions another car :p

i think ther pretty smart i just dont like the name corsa haha if ya like em go n see about a test drive mate.

dont be suprised if someone comes along in a min and says with the money you would spend on one you could make your starbo well fast lol usually happens when someone mentions another car :p

as far as i know there arent many mods to do on the corsa apart from re-mapping :/ i had a 1.4 corsa before my starlet and couldnt find many decent mods for it.

But if you like it then go for it :D

mate if u want to tune a corsa vxr dont they blow up standard my mate had one and remaped it and it crack a piston and as it was remap he had to pay vauxhall for a new engine and he drove it around but he remaped it again but didnt go for so much power and guess what it blow up again so in the end he took it to regal had a engine rebuild and spent £6000 that was for the engine the inlet to be bored out astra vxr injetors front mount intercooler and some ofter stuff and it was ment to be around 260bhp and after all the 3 weeks later the turbo went so he sold it and got a new shape audi s3

and and he got it from vauxhall new and when he sold the car cost he £28.000 with engines all the parts and all this was done in less than 20.000 miles

so if u got a bit more money try and get a astra vxr got a lot better engine

sorry if that put u off but dont get me wrong they look so good but it just the engine that lets them down

Think they look cracking in white, see a few round these parts.

I would love a nice new car thats comfy and refined. if i was you id go for it mate but dont hang around. i want a new modern car but just cant justyfy it after i have put so much time and money into the starbo. so do it before you put more into the starbo than you will ever get back.

also have you considered a new clio rs? mate recently got one on a cracking finance deal and its a real sweet car.

Personally dont like them, mainly because standard they aint all what there cracked up to be! Not considerably faster either , I beat a couple at crail ( 1/4 mile :D )

I do however like the exterior style but its still a corsa yo :p

After some chatting in a club...

You: would you like a lift home??

Girl: Yer can do, which is your car??

You: The Corsa....

Girl: Oh....................

Deadly silence then she call's out......TAXI...........

Sorry mate its a vauxhell an its a corshitter, the astra is not to bad but if i was wanting to spend some money on a newish car i would go for an AUDI S3, friend has one an there awsome....

people will slate the corsa becausem of the chav reputation they have but the new corsas and gorgeous and atleast its will get you from a to b without breaking down and costing you thousands like a starlet does lol

hmmm v v v

mate if u want to tune a corsa vxr dont they blow up standard my mate had one and remaped it and it crack a piston and as it was remap he had to pay vauxhall for a new engine and he drove it around but he remaped it again but didnt go for so much power and guess what it blow up again so in the end he took it to regal had a engine rebuild and spent £6000 that was for the engine the inlet to be bored out astra vxr injetors front mount intercooler and some ofter stuff and it was ment to be around 260bhp and after all the 3 weeks later the turbo went so he sold it and got a new shape audi s3

and and he got it from vauxhall new and when he sold the car cost he £28.000 with engines all the parts and all this was done in less than 20.000 miles

so if u got a bit more money try and get a astra vxr got a lot better engine

sorry if that put u off but dont get me wrong they look so good but it just the engine that lets them down

that is all :p

lol yeh dave, i feel like i have to apologise for the interior of my car to people all the time.

and last comment; my starlets been nothing but reliable for me so i havent experienced that side of them yet lol

plus im endlessly ripped for owning a 'old' car

pisses me off

Who really care how old ya car is??? mine is 16years old i dont care, yer my mates are driving new car's but i dont really like any new shape car's..

Plus if ya V is reliable dont worry about it, you put alot of time into it so enjoy...

ohh and audi s3.. nice car, after all its a audi and they speak for themselves, but its one boring car tbh

Have you driven an S3????

I was impressed at the hadleing an the pick up when you floored it...

Such a cumpfy car to...

no havent driven one, just not a car that interests me really, lots of cars drive nice and have good engines, but i go for the more sporty exciting cars rather than business men / company directors types of cars etc

anyways im off nah, thanks for comments people, keep em coming. :p

Hey mate, I think you were right by saying getting rip off for parts when considering the age of your car :D leaving you with a big dilemma of either upgrading to a new car or maintaining the V.

It's been a long saying that French cars are fragile, cheap and not reliable but did you ever try the new Renault Twingo GT cup edition (133 BHP). They are just sublime and amazing on the track. I tried my best to beat the time it made on the track with the Starbo but the best gap was 8 secs so imagine. I tested only 2 laps at brands hatch with the twingo and set up a time I couldn't beat though trying half day with the Ep82 which pushes about 187 Bhp at the mo and with Tein superstreet coilovers!.

I know it's a French car but give it a try when you get the chance and send me some feedback. Hope I was of some help :D

1 word, WANK!!!

I despise them and the majority of people that drive them (usually 18yr old Daddy's boys)

And for a 200hp they are shite and yes I have been in one, some called it refined, I call it boring.

had one of these as a company car when i worked at vauxhall and to be honest mate i didnt rate it as a performance car! looked the part and had loads of toys on it!

If im honest though my cammed 106 GTI was just as quick and was far better round the corners! depends what you want at the end of the day buddy! if you want a car for practicality and looks then go ahead

But if i was going to spend a bit of money on a newish car would be a EP3 civic type r premier edition with a Jackson's racing supercharger kit! they bump the power to around 280 and lasts for ages on the standard engine!

And i would have to agree with sparky they are boring to drive!!