two problems with my laptop?? HELP virus related!!

this is becoming VERY annoying only been like this since yesterday lol...right i had a virus before was getting lots of pop ups from internet explorer the usual garage "date site" etc now i used norton 360 to scan my laptop and it eventually got rid of it the only problem now is i can not scan norton anymore it says:

"windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item."

:p

i have green ticks on all titles and i have 100 more days of norton! so why is it saying that??

another thing is my mouse sign is vanishing after 30-40 mins so i have to restart my laptop to make it appear again, any ideas?? i feel the virus may still be around or somthing?? even thow norton says nothing is there :)

Yeah malwarebytes is what i use whenever i get a virus best way to clear the virus:

1. go into "safe mode with networking" by tapping the F8 key when booting up the laptop

2. when in "safe mode with networking" you can go onto the internet and download malwarebytes

3. once downloaded you can start the scan and with been in safe mode your mouse key shouldnt disapear, if it does then it defo need wiping and installing windows again.

Yeah forgot to say the above will only work if your on windows

Keep tapping the F8 key as soon as you boot it up as sometimes i miss it and you have to turn off and try again lol

cheers for the replys lads!

right downloaded malwarebytes it is now scanning my laptop so far "objects infected" 43 :)

norton is still not scanning! but says it is all safe!

graig t where you from??

i used avg years ago and did not think it was any good...

right scan finished 59 infected items! i view what was infected then clicked remove items what have been infected it says"certion items could not be removed" then showed me what has been removed and has not hmmm so how the hell do i get rid of the ones it could not lol?

Run a scan in safe mode and it will remove everything dude!!!

okay.. i did that and for some reason that program i just installed has just vanished the short cut has gone walkies as well. WTF

edit: wow laptop is going crazy pop ups everywhere norton saying threats everywhere think may have to reboot this whole laptop :)

how do you do this ?