My Starlet GT-T * UPDATE 03/12/12 *

Hi my names Jono im from Dover im 20 years old

Currently working as a Groundworker

I have a black 1996 toyota starlet mk2 gt turbo.

Havnt a clue what its running at (maybe someone could give me an estimate smile.png )

It has a fully forged engine just been rebuilt and has only done around 3000 miles, it is running a standard ct9 turbo but running at 1.0 bar with hks fcd and fse rrfpr, it has a tmd manifold, sps decat, hks hi silent power full exhaust system, stripped out interior, front a rear strut braces,tein lowering springs, boost gauge, oil temp gauge in place but not wired in, momo custom steering wheel, j performance front mount intercooler, battery relocated to the boot, oil catch can, new radiator, magnecore 8mm leads and power flex engine mounts.

Thats it for now i think :/

Be nice to get to know a few of you and attend some meets/cruises etc smile.png

Edited by StarletMad
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my Second attempt as id written it all out and then it wouldn't allow me to post in the UKSC Members Rides so im going to put it here and perhaps a MOD could place it where it supposed to be... Thanks

This is my First Starlet. I have a 1996 toyota starlet mk2 gt turbo. It has a fully forged engine. It is running a Standard CT9 Turbo running at 1.0 bar with HKS fuel cut defender and FSE rising rate fuel pressure regulator + HKS SSQV, HKS hi power silent full exhaust system, Front a rear strut braces,tein lowering springs, boost gauge, oil temp gauge in place but not wired in, momo custom steering wheel, j performance front mount intercooler, battery relocated to the boot, oil catch can, new radiator. Just had new brake discs and pads on. new spark plugs, oil, oil filter and magnecore 8mm leads. Power flex engine. There may be a few bits more.

starlet2.jpg

starlet.jpg

starlet3.jpg

When i purchased the car the drivers window didnt work ... This made our first visit to Maccy'ds drive thru extremely eventful :/ ... I bought a second hand toyota Yaris motor and it works spot on! £30 Cheaper then a starlet one. But SSSSSSHHH its a trade secret ;)

Also the car has a set of steelies on it, although i have got a set of white alloys that just need some rubber. Im 95% sure that putting alloys on the car will improve my Traction signifcantly.

The Previous owner upset his Girlfriend and she decided to take one of her keys to the body and did a good job of it only missing the two front quarters and the spoiler... This is going to be sorted at a later date as not too worried as they have been covered with one of those pen things.

I had the car Estimated about 180bhp but for some strange reson i wanted more!!

I set about finding a Low Budget TD04 Setup... So i purchased these

Toyo Sports Manifold + Decat

Mani.jpg

Subaru Impreza WRX TD04 Turbo

It Needed a good Scrub but heeyyy gave me something to do!

TD04.jpg

I took my goodies to my mates garage stuck it on the ramp and we attacked it a 6pm at night! We kind of underestimated how long it would take, We carried on into Saturday morning and gave up as no-where was open.

I had to go and have some pipes/hoses Made up Saturday Morning.

It took us about 8 hours in total Which included Fabricating the Actuator Bracket etc.

I then asked him how much he wanted for fitting it (bearing in mind i had a ramp in his workshop getting in the way for hours) He just go on piss off up tesco's and try your car out and bring me Back GT5... So all in all it cost me £35 :lol: RESULT!

We had a few teething problems but nothing major :) Just a few Adjustments

Now these have been fitted im already bored so decided i wanted to go abit further.

Ive been feeling a little flush lately and ive set about buying myself some Crimbo Presents.

New 12k HID Bulbs

Bulbs.jpg

HKS Oil Filter

hks-oil-filter.jpg

Fast Road Clutch

clutch.jpg

550cc Injectors

550cc.jpg

GReddy E-Manage Blue with Extra Harnesses and Software

d5de543e.jpg

and By Far My Best Purchase... HKS EVC 5 Limited Edition

BoostController.jpg

The plan is to have all of this fitted and then have it Re-Mapped at either SVA Imports or 2BarTuning

Im aiming for a 1.4Bar Setup producing around 260-280bhp

Let me know what you think Guys + Girls... All Feedback is Productive.

Thanks Jono

• 3 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

Decided My car needs some TLC befor i go ahead and Go for Power

Selling my 550 Injectors and E-manage!

Purchased a few Interior bits and petrol cap cover from Idrees

Purchased 2 doors and a boot from cheshireglanza

Found a N/S Wind Deflector on another Site :rolleyes:

Just have to find a new Bonnet and have the rear Quarters sprayed

Also Purchased from Keith@Zisco

New Ram Style TD04 Manifold with Ext.Wastegate + Screamer

IMG_0370.jpg

Got my Eyes on some 15's at the moment as my car doesnt agree with 16's

Just going to stick with 1.2 Bar at the moment as i feel the car is quick enough and with any more boost i WILL be FORCED to buy a LSD which i cannot afford just yet.

• 3 weeks later...

**Cheers Steve GT

Yeah i just fancied better boost control as im soon to be upping it to 1.3/1.4bar... Using it in Conjunction with my HKS Boost Controller.

I heard that Internal wastegates a pootang when upping boost above 1.2!!??

Also heard a rumour that these style mani's can help reduce spool time.

I do have some gaskets for it yes but just quickly wacked it together for a few snaps lol.

ToyoSports Manifold does not even have a hairline crack in it! Good going for the cost if you ask me!

£190 For Manifold and Downpipe with all the gaskets.

Yeah but like i said befor to slam your brakes on your must be driving like a knob head anyway.

Id rather just plant it in a straight line ... Ive got Tein Springs ... Drilled and Grooved discs all round and yellow stuff pads. They'll do for now :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Little Update:

Well quite a major update:

Turbo started smoking today so looking around at buying another. Try look a little more into this time though as the one i bout for £100 lasted 6 months lol.

HKS EVC is going at the weekend to its new owner.

Purchased a JAM ECU For Her so going to run it at 1 Bar to start with then up it 1.2 once all is settled and running correctly

(Any tips on how to fit my ECU and Program it etc are Welcome) !

Got myself a Double Din Headunit off the bay the other day and looking into making a false floor in the boot with a Flush Mounted 12" Sub and AMP covered with Clear Perspex so boot is still useable :wacko:

Also bought myself a DA Orbital Sander and PAds and Primer , Me n my dad gonna start this ASAP and my Dads Bodyshop mate gonna spray it, he says id only have to pay for Materials about £200 .... As you can see basically the whole car is being sprayed apart from the roof!