il move it to the wanting to buy section

as for the studs im not sure but johm (ro55fumi) has just put some uprated brakes on his dont know if he's bought some longer studs might be worth PM'ing him and asking

Quite a few questions asked and Kennedy doesn't actually know what he needs so it'd be best to have this in technical for future reference :thumbsup: For the record Im not using longer wheel studs or spacers on my twin pot conversion either.

Its all about having an ideal brake disc size which will give you the happy medium.

I had mine sorted by mc_chu so I couldnt tell you the spec besides the fact they are 260mm.

Cheers

Joz

As said im using GT4 calipers and I believe they are Coralla discs, much bigger than the standard glanza disc anyway.

I've been told to go to demon tweaks and they should be able to sort me out..be handy if someone knew the width/length of the standard studs though?

• 2 weeks later...

gt4 caliper info

dvj81s.jpg

29gld3c.jpg

1537j91.jpg

been told, you need to get

st205 discs (315MM DIAMETER x 32MM THICK)

get them machined down to 300mm and redrilled as 4 stud..

or get impreza 295mm discs and redrilled as 4 stud and spacer between pads and pistons so piston doesnt pop out because disc is alot thinner than celica ones..

DSC00365.jpg

I believe it has Corolla discs in at the min...I can find out for sure.

But because a spacer is needed behind the disc its taking up space on the studs and I've been told to just get some longer studs.

I know demon tweaks sell them so it might just be a trip up after xmas.

Thanks for that info though miib

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

only problem is bud, the might need skimming on the spline by about 0.1mm, thats a tiny tiny amount, because i tried to get mine through, and had no chance of pulling it all the way through, ill try get a tidy pic of what happened for you today and ill post it up a bit later

you could always use a hand file just take a tiny bit off, but best to get it done accurately dude :thumbsup:

only problem is bud, the might need skimming on the spline by about 0.1mm, thats a tiny tiny amount, because i tried to get mine through, and had no chance of pulling it all the way through, ill try get a tidy pic of what happened for you today and ill post it up a bit later

you could always use a hand file just take a tiny bit off, but best to get it done accurately dude :thumbsup:

Please mate if you can get me a pic would be brilliant cheers

• 1 year later...