Problems please help

Well around 3 weeks ago the water pump went on my gt and the temp gauge went through the roof.

I had a new pump fitted and all seemed fine until the other day when I pulled into my uni car park and again the temp gauge had gone through the roof. I checked the rad and there was no coolant in it yet again but no leaks where found either.

I took it to a friends garage today who looked it over and did some tests n said there ws no obvious sign that the head gasket had gone.

We fitted a new temp sensor and thermostat just to be on the safe side.

Now however pretty much after literally a 1 min of driving the temp gauge says its up to temperature but the rad fan doesn't come in till after a while after.

any ideas what this could be?

Well around 3 weeks ago the water pump went on my gt and the temp gauge went through the roof.

I had a new pump fitted and all seemed fine until the other day when I pulled into my uni car park and again the temp gauge had gone through the roof. I checked the rad and there was no coolant in it yet again but no leaks where found either.

I took it to a friends garage today who looked it over and did some tests n said there ws no obvious sign that the head gasket had gone.

We fitted a new temp sensor and thermostat just to be on the safe side.

Now however pretty much after literally a 1 min of driving the temp gauge says its up to temperature but the rad fan doesn't come in till after a while after.

any ideas what this could be?

if when you first boiled it over you could have warped the head and that will give you headgasket failure eventually. which would cause water to dissappear and overheating...

double check you have no leaks...

new rad cap might also help to be on safe side it isnt leaking..

water doesnt just dissappear it has to ether be used or drain out... :wub:

Thanks for the reply chaps,

its been holding temp fine and hasn't used any coolant either since I took it to my friends garage.

So I'm just going to keep an eye on them both for the time being and if not get the head gasket done.

TBH though with all the problems I've had in the last 2 years after 6 years of ownership I'm looking to buy something else.