Rear wheel sticking?????

Hey guys, any advice or info on this problem, only started happening with the really cold weather thats now here, basically the rear passenger wheel seems to be stuck, i take off the handbrake and it still seems to be stuck, have tried pumping the brake, doing a handbrake stop, jolting it etc, also have adjusted the cable and it seems to have helped a little bit but it still isnt right, and really stinks where the friction is causing heat. Im taking it to a garage later to have it looked at but i'd like to know what it could be incase they try and con me into something its not.

Any help or advice is much appreciated :(

haha ahh the old frozen handbrake... yup, not alot you can do apart from perhaps wd40 up all the connects and hope that moister doesn't get in. park in gear with no handbrake on, or as above get some hot water on there to try and free it up :(

hit the search button and you will see consecutive threads dating November/December 05 06 07 08 09 10 all with whys my handbrake stuck on in this cold weather? :D

LOL thank fook its not just me then !! what a ballache ! hahaha.. glad its not a seized caliper as this close to crimbo ive not got the funds to be spending.. Need a new battery tho.. cold weather killed mine..

Cheers all for the heads up :(

this was happening to me but as the car was old the cables have rubbers and they perish and let moisture in best bet new hand brake cable only £20 a side from camskill. or take the old ones off and fill with white grease spray that helped

Lol, i knew it would be the weather as thats when it started doing it, but i would have thought with all the heat coming from the friction surely thats enough to warm it up and get it working again?

yeah it does free off after a while, but by then your break pads are worn and your leaving smoke behind you as your going along... guess how i found that out lol :(

Ok, so last night i took the car to the garage... and they wanted to do a caliper rebuild on them?! so i took it home, made a cup of tea and jacked it up and got the wheel off, took off the calipers and pads and wirebrushed them all, tapped the lines, used a small amount of wd40 on the piston as it looked like it had seized up a little bit out and thats why it was sticking, the disc also seems a little bit warped, but anyway i stuck it all back together and hey presto it works fine now!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the above comments and advice and i'm glad im not the only one with this problem.