turbo to intercooler inlet pipe bolt

Anyone got any ideas on this please as im sure its leaking becase of this, a few months ago when fitting a new fmic, one of the 2 bolts that holds the inlet pipe to the turbo is knackered, when taking it off most of the actual thread came off inside the the nut, now my intercooler is only connected to the turbo with 1 bolt and even though that is tight as it can go the other side isnt and i think i might be losing pressure from this???

Is there a way to get the bolt out of the turbo side and can you get replacements?

You could try a nun on top of a nut..if you get me lol..

Like this all i did is put two 12mm nuts on top of each other tighten both nuts till they get to the bottom of the thread, give them a good nip then untighten the bottom one makeing the bolt work against the top one then it should start unwinding from the turbo end...it worked for me lol

Sorry for the pic quality my camra started takeing the piss

post-3854-1291120043.jpg

post-3854-1291120081.jpg

I see yeah, thats a great idea thanks for the pics micky, i'll give it a go at the weekend, its not an urgent thing but its just one of those things that i know isnt right and im sure because its not tight its casuing a leak, also ordered a new gasket for it as the one on it is old and had it. cheers for the replies people :thumbsup:

The original thread is M-8, I don't think you would have enough space on the hot pipe flange if you were to drill and tap to use an M10 bolt. I'd suggest using an M6 nut and bolt with a repair washer on the hot pipe flange. Should hold fine.