parts wanted by members for their starlets

Guest Enzo

nah its a 4efte one. the 5efhe is a 5efe with the higher compression, tougher rods, 421 manifold and downpipe, and it uses a 4efte inlet manifold (on non acis equipped ones), a 4efte distributor and a 4efte throttle body.

i got confused when i bought my fhe and it had 4efte parts on it!! :lol::lol:

Rich.

I managed to obtain one of these tubular manifolds and now I need the idle control valve from a 4EFE throttle body.

I'm hoping the 4EFE type idle control valve will bolt straight on to my 5E throttle body in place of what's there.

So, does anyone have a spare 4EFE throttle body in any condition.... I'm only after the bottom part.

My throttle body doesn't have the idle control valve fitted to it. It has a water heated chamber instead and the idle control valve is elsewhere.

My plan is to obtain the idle control valve assembly from a 4EFE throttle body and fit that to my TB.

(I just got a quote from Toyota for the part - £106 + VAT. :p :P )

hmmm, not 100% sure your gonna be able to do that bud. if i still had my 5e i could have looked into it for you. im confused, where did you say the idle control valve is on your fhe?

Rich.

ah. i see.

what you said would probably be best mate... thats the only thing i can think of...

to be honest though mate, i can see this not working out for you... sorry to put a downer on it, but you could be loosing your idle control because im not too sure n how well it would work.

but all the same i hope you prove me wrong!!

Rich.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...