Im doing a glanza v front conversion on my n/a soon.

I am currently running a pod/cone filter with no airbox so its just sucking in hot air.

What i was thinking is to use the hood scoop for a cold air feed and duct the air to a custom airbox

Anyone done this before? Would it work?

My cone filter is slightly larger than the factory airbox so i will be making a custom sealed box and ducting.

Ill try draw up some plans and see what i can come up with. Do you think i should use mounts form a factory top-mount to support it?

Should i use fiberglass or aluminum? Would it be better to have the ducting mounted to the bonnet or engine?

My cone filter is slightly larger than the factory airbox so i will be making a custom sealed box and ducting.

Ill try draw up some plans and see what i can come up with. Do you think i should use mounts form a factory top-mount to support it?

Should i use fiberglass or aluminum? Would it be better to have the ducting mounted to the bonnet or engine?

Aslong as it's got some heatproofing on and is smooth then I don't think it matters too much what you make it out of. Probably easier to mount it to the bonnet and then have a rubber seal around the box so that it seals when the bonnet closes.

Comedy pic of the day:

Brakepadsanddiscs1421.jpg

It actually worked really well in terms of response but the looks it attracted were numerous..

Jay

Thats f**king hilarious must have worked really well... until it rained.

Although I dont think the police over here like anything sticking out of the bonnet like that.

Aslong as it's got some heatproofing on and is smooth then I don't think it matters too much what you make it out of. Probably easier to mount it to the bonnet and then have a rubber seal around the box so that it seals when the bonnet closes.

Yeah it will be better on the bonnet as it will then be out of the way when working on the motor and you can still access the filter easily.

What will be the easiest material to make the ducting with?

If your doing a glanza front conversion, relocate the battery and use one of the fog lights as a duct....all depends if you'll use the fogs lights regularly

I've got a few pics which might help,I'll upload em later