bottom rad hose cold after driving??

okay guys I've just changed my thurmostat as i had no heating in the car and my temp gauge didnt work, but not I've put a new thermostat in and the heaters started working and the gauge started working, but just driving back from some shopping 2nite the engine management light came on?? so i looked under the bonnet and felt the bottom rad hose and its cold??? is it ment to be??

just a little worried ...

cheers josh

Bottom rad hose will be colder as it's the end process of the cooling system so nothing to worry about. Now your management light...... Did you give it a boot? With the colder temps your going to see a slight rise in boost pressure! If it just touching fuel cut it will just bring on the management light and you won't feel it it did it on mine last year before I changed my ecu

i mean it was ice cold, and im not sure there was any water in it, and i did givr it a little boot in first gear but it hasnt come on in this weather before when I've given it a boot, my top hose was very hot aswell and the heaters was very warm, you think it will be ok? im just a worryer

lol

cheers tho luke :)

Just means your radiator is doing it's job trust me as soon as the cold water goes back in engine it will get hot again double check tomoz when it's cooled down to see if the water level is fine.