how much to fit a universal backbox?

...ok say i buy a universal one, how much would it cost for a garage to fit it?

Or what else, could i get, i know about laser and tte ones.

because depending on the cost of fitting, it may work out cheaper.

Cheers

you dont really want a universal one... they fit shit!!!!!

it will either be pointing towards the floor or a stupud angle... better off with a proper one for the Starlet (i know there isnt much choice) or a custom exhaust sytem which i would recommend ;)

well i was working out costs and so on. as 110 for a box and 40 for labour is still cheaper than fitting a laser or tte one myself.

to be honest i dont wana spend much as it doesnt do anything, but look better and sound slightly different.

post some pics up of your aftermarket stuff! exhausts that is..lol

cheers

Mate universal back boxes are between £40 and £80!!!! i'd never pay £110 for a universal item and then £40 for fittin!!!!

you can get a custom exhaust fabricator (Powerflow etc) to build you back box of your choice which would fit the car perfectly for about £110-£120

That is your best bet ;)

P.S. twin exits are for winners!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as i seen mikey's reply about twin exit exhausts.... i knew you where going to say that Phil!!!! ;)

There should be one fairly local to you mikey..... or there maybe others... pro-speed, Longlife etc

Do you mean a twin exit as in 2 pipes coming from one back box, or a duplex system like me and Phil???

twin exit, eww, behave!

no no no to twin exit, looks like a wheelbarrow B)

mines a powerflow, fitting isn't great, because the car is low is knocks on the trailing arm over large bumps. however, it makes a nice noise and is well put together so i would reccommend it

Each to their own guys ;)

DO NOT GET A UNIVERSAL EXHAUST!

Done it to my dads Civic, universal exhaust off ebay = £35

Fitting from local garage inc welding = £75

Facing at a gay angle, sort that = £15

Months later exhaust falls off = £125 in the bin for a gay exhaust + the price for a new standard backbox paid out.

universal exhausts are not always poo i will have you know.

mine is universal and if you have someone with a bit of skill fitting it its fine. mine is straight not wonkey or hanging like a donkey nob. my cousin fitted mine and has done it spot on.

so you cant really say universal exhausts are poo, just call the people trying to fit them poo. it can be done and done well.