Painting the Manifold. Any recommendations?

i recomend the silver high temprature paint from halfords, it is a sort of matted metallic an has a real sparkle to it in some lights, it is ideal for the manifolds as it looks nice neat and standard while being quite attractive..... best of all its cheap!!!!!!

i will get a link or name for it if you want!

i think for a manifold any paint will just come off. on the can in says good upto 600 degrees and my exhaust gas temp used to read 900 sooo ....

however as i was looking through demon tweeks catalogue last night i found something interesting. some paint/coating thats good upto 1000 degrees. can get it in black that u just apply and its done or ceramic and blue which ya have to bake in an oven for a while. have a look through demon tweeks. it was like 25 quid i think.

i think for a manifold any paint will just come off. on the can in says good upto 600 degrees and my exhaust gas temp used to read 900 sooo ....

however as i was looking through demon tweeks catalogue last night i found something interesting. some paint/coating thats good upto 1000 degrees. can get it in black that u just apply and its done or ceramic and blue which ya have to bake in an oven for a while. have a look through demon tweeks. it was like 25 quid i think.

Thanks guys. I was thinking VHT paint....but if its not up to the crack....

I'll take a look at demon T as well.

normal/VHT paint will just come off no matter what you do... waste of time and money.

ceramic coating wont come off but is expensive and makes the mani more pron to cracking. My personal opinion... leave it alone lol.

can paint it in VHT if you want and will look good for about a week till it starts to peel off.

ceramic coating is mainly for looks, if coated through the inside and outside it can aid with heat dispersion and flow. but from what i have herd it can lead the welds to crack prematurely.

but if you got the money to ceramic coat a mani i would bet you will also spend the time getting it braced and strengthened to counter what downsides there are to the ceramic process.

i do agree that heat wrap will look better but i will post a link to the paint that i have used on my mani!!!!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165495

it says 500 degrees but it says it is suited to use on exhaust manifolds..... dad bought it as he is rebuilding an old yamaha 2 stroke and wanted to spray the engine there was enough left to do my mani..... if the paint comes off due to heat it will be going backas a wrongly described product!!!!