is this dodgey???

hey guys put my car up on piston heads couple days ago and theres a marine engineer wanting to buy it through paypal???

he sent me this

I got your message. There is only one complication, I am not around to inspect it .I work as a marine engineer on board . How long have you owned it?I am buying it as a gift .Can i have your word before making payment that this transaction that you as the real seller for this unit as I do not wish to be burned. I have made payment via wire transfer to a few sellers on ebay that logs out with payment .One has to be careful these days.please kindly Provide more recent pictures.

About shipping, I will arrange with a proxy agency that will handle the local pick-up and handling from your destination .

Kindly get back to me with your full names for shipment/pick up bookings as well as your PayPal email address. PayPal is quite easy to sing-up with, if you do not have one, kindly sign-up and have it linked to your bank account or debit card . Go to www.paypal.com to sign up.

Also, I will handle the paypal commission charge fees from my end.

State your final asking price.

i dont know hat to do???

all u can do mate is get him to transfer al the money throu paypal and wait for the money to clear into your acount beffor you let them take the car wel thats wat ide do email him telling him no one will be taking the car untill the ful amount has cleard into your bank account

scam mate it was on tv last night about people payin extra for shipping etc then basically they say a load of shite then u lose out on money and they get 3k in there bank

it was on that teen mom program on mtv

i wudnt trust it who would buy a car without looking at it as a present for someone ?

and also he says ill wire it into your paypal oh and if u dont hve paypal get it here and make sure u link it to your bank account

sounds soooo dodgey to me i wudnt sell a car based on paypal loads of traders om here have lost money from paypal disputes goin bk to the buyer the seller loses the product the buyer keeps it and gets his money back

ask him to send a cheque! take roughly the same time to clear into your account etc etc, that way if it bounces, u know its dodgy. the only other thing you can do it speak with pistonheads, and see what they say

scam mate it was on tv last night about people payin extra for shipping etc then basically they say a load of shite then u lose out on money and they get 3k in there bank

it was on that teen mom program on mtv

i wudnt trust it who would buy a car without looking at it as a present for someone ?

and also he says ill wire it into your paypal oh and if u dont hve paypal get it here and make sure u link it to your bank account

sounds soooo dodgey to me i wudnt sell a car based on paypal loads of traders om here have lost money from paypal disputes goin bk to the buyer the seller loses the product the buyer keeps it and gets his money back

ok cheers mate i was reading something on tgtt forum aswel someboy done it to his civic

but thanx alot wont b getting sold to him

ask him to send a cheque! take roughly the same time to clear into your account etc etc, that way if it bounces, u know its dodgy. the only other thing you can do it speak with pistonheads, and see what they say

lol to late now just told him to fuck off... dirty shit! just wanting cash lol

CraGle has the right idea to get a cheque sent..

But then at end of day you need for him to sign regs docs for car so you can send them away..

Tell him sorry but it seems like a lot of hassle and you would rather deal with some one face to face...

all u can do mate is get him to transfer al the money throu paypal and wait for the money to clear into your acount beffor you let them take the car wel thats wat ide do email him telling him no one will be taking the car untill the ful amount has cleard into your bank account

well that would be you scammed out of alot of money :D

People who fall for this shit must be really thick, the adverts are actually getting worse :D

But yea dont bother with that mate wait for someone to actually call you and arrange to come see it

Similar thing happened to my bro a few years ago. The guy who was in France said he will do the same as above but would like my bro to drop the car off to France and he will pay for my bro to get back to his house in advance allong with payment for car, and my bro said No! Post me a cheque and so he did, my bro went to bank and few days later he got call from bank saying it was a fake check etc. Never heard from that guy again lol

So yh, tell him to fuck off!

Long story short, if a product is sold through Paypal then the buyer has most of the rights. Once the transaction is done it's easy for the buyer to state a problem and Paypal will give a full refund, even if the seller has withdrawn the money. (Leaving the seller with a minus X amount of money, which result in debt collectors about a year later.) Unless your selling a product that has to be posted meaning you'd have proof, paypal is useless for transactions like the one above. (Studied Paypal at college last year).

Ah well, thats that answered for me aswell then! Trying to sell my girlfriends car and got an email asking if it was still for sale, i said yes and just got this reply now,

Hello Fro,

Thanks for mailing back,i am an oceanist and i am buying this for

DAD, i am at sea right now, and I am glad you accepted my offer.I can

only pay through paypal at the moment as i dont have access to my bank

account online,but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this

is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your

paypal email address to make the payments,and if you dont have a

paypal account yet,its pretty easy to set one up at

www.paypal.uk,i wil be expecting your email.I have a pick up agent

that will come for the pick up after payments.I will like to have

communicate and discuss this via Phone but i am 95% Deaf and i do use

hearing piece so that was why i have prefer to communicate more

through Mail ...So kindly get back to asap...i need to see more photos

also

Stay Blessed.

A) I didnt accept any fucking offer,

and B ) they havent seen any photos so cant get more!

"stay blessed"...... suck my balls !

ok cheers mate i was reading something on tgtt forum aswel someboy done it to his civic

but thanx alot wont b getting sold to him

You got a link to that?

Dont do it mate the guys chatting shit. Tried the same bs with me a couple of weeks back when I had my civic up for sale. When I told him i worked for the bank and would have the payment inspected I never heard back from him. Hmmm i wonder why ?

Said it was a gift for his bro in law. He was a marine engineer working offshore would send me payment via paypal and would send an agent to collect. Erm yeah ok and a pig just flew past my window. Steer well clear mate.

one of the oldest tricks in the book

dont fall for it

never sell your car to anyone unless youve met them, theyve seen the car and always have a second person there as a witness and also just incase you get jumped or mugged etc. you can never be too careful

plus no one in there right mind would buy a car without viewing it first. stay well away from this dude