how reliable is.............

your starlet? after hearing some horror storys about people buying starlets getting them 1 mile down the road then braking down, just wondered has anyone else had the same experiences, a friend of mine brought his starlet a month ago for £4000 he has since had to replace the fmic and compleatly re-build his engine costing him a small fortune!

well 4k would be a cheap glanza, so you get what you pay for really at the end of the day.

if the seller is honest then you should think about spending more on one in the first place, its as reliable as a small capacity turbocharged car can be, i've had no problems with mine (touch wood) so would ask more than that for it if i was to sell, but you've gotta take car of em really.

No major probs with mine! Did your mate buy with his heart instead of his head? Bought it without checking it over properly,thats what it sounds like to me. ;)

Just remember never trust a seller! It's always in their interest to not tell you stuff,if you don't ask questions or notice faults when buying any car sellers aren't gonna stand there and say oh by the way its knackered are they! B)

Well if it had a front mount then it was modified so what mods had it got and were they done correctly because it doesn't sound like it i had mine for 4 years and never really let me down in that time only small things worst was a flasher relay lol.

There is plenty not lot of shite about you just have to find a good one and that take a bit of time not a bid on ebay!

Simon

i have about £4500 to spend and thought i could get a decent one for that money like i said the only thing putting me off getting one is the reliability and how hard they r to sell, do starlets hold there value very well or not?

i'm the sort of person that if i heard a slight knocking noise or anything like that my car would be straight in the garage got a nasty feeling my car would be in the garage more than it would be on the road im not a mechanically minded bloke as it is just think i might be pushing my luck with a starlet :p

You take a chance with any 2nd hand car,i'm no mechanic but i've worked on my car and found it pretty easy! If you cant find a decent glanza then get the GT turbo £4500 will get a nice GT quadlight and leave some cash fo toys! Theres always technical help on here for any strange noises before you take the car to a garage.

i had the same worrys about my starlet gt but had it 7 months an no problems.

would advise you are better of buying a standard one from a decent garage that will give you a 6 month warenty or maybe even a year.

and there aint many cars out there that you will buy an wont losse money on

get a good one an you wont be disapointed

Look for something from someone like Newera you'll get alot better car from someone like that rather than going to someone like keighly trade center at the end of the day you get what you pay for.