i brought my n/a in august and i just took it out for a quick drive, and it was goin slow i put my foot down and it went no where just struggles to pull its on weight engine running fine, was just wondering if all the wheels and that have locked up because its been sitting there, i think it is but just wanted some one else to say

hope someone can help

thanks

Tom

:rolleyes:

best way is to jack it up and see if the wheels spin freely(dont forget to make sure the handbrake is off when you try spinning the rears lol) you will then find out which wheels are sticking!

welcome to the club.

yeah could be, mine did it last winter :)

check the pistons on the front havent corroded, and the rear brakes might be stck on too.

welcome to the club dude

how do i check if the pistons are corroded :/ i dont really know much lol , yeah when you pull away its liike the handbrakes on because the rear end of the car pulls down like it would with the handbrake on

thanks man :rolleyes:

may have just frozen on with this weather, and to check the pistons, take the front wheels off, take the calliper off and just visually inspect the piston in the calliper, and check the 2 thingy, cant think of the name of them off the top of my head, im sure some1 will fill in my blank haha

all i can think is runners?

EDIT: guide rods? haha some 1 help

yeah i give it a look in the light i think it has just all locked up cause been sitting for 4 months lol, when pull it tryin to pull back all the time i think its just brakes and wheels, i live in ashford ,

thanks for the help people

i post back when its all sorted should be something simple

thanks

Tom

yeah, next time you take it out for a drive, check if the callipers are abnormally hot, the paint on 1 of my brake pads caught fire it was stuck on that much, and i had to replace the piston

ahh right didnt right of that haha, hopefully sort it

cheers mate

no worries, my mate was looking at buying your car when it was for sale before you boguht it lol

oh right aha, yeah i like it because all the bit are done, wheels just need a reburb and should be looking good cant wiat to drive it got my test in a few weeks, got a corrola inlet now aswell

awesome, good luck with the test mate, maybe you could come to some shows this year :)

japfest is in may, everyone is going ;)

im sure a few people in your area are convoying up, just check out the events sub forum :p

yeah definately :rolleyes: yeah theres a few n/a and gt and glanza's and that around where i live , so yeah should be able to

Doubt il be going Japfest but I know were off to pod a few times... and you can come with us to lydden for bhp show if you like??

ONce youve passed come out on a tuesday night theres 5-6 starlets/glanza's that go to local meet in ashford

yeah i go with my mate in his pink N/A every tuesday lol

:rolleyes:

yeah i went out with him and it feels like it is still on the handbreak it will probly take 1 minute to get to 60 lol. i just said to tom needs a good old run to get everything working again,

jono tom comes out with me, normally my passenger lol

we may have to attend japfest!