saw this on wikipedia..

1st Gen 4E-FE

The first generation of 4E engines found in the Starlet , Soleil and Corolla models were produced from 1989 until 1996. The engine found in these two models produced 99 bhp (74 kW) @ 6600 rpm and 86 ft·lbf (117 N·m) @ 5200 rpm. this engine had more in common with the 4E-FTE, sharing the same throttle body, and slightly larger fuel injectors.

• Specs:
  • 74 mm Bore
  • 77.4 mm Stroke
  • 9.6:1 Compression Ratio

so would that mean my 93 corolla was 99bhp?

I put a gen 1 in my 1st Starlet but didnt realise.

Could never get it running right but fuck me it was so much more lively than the standard engine.

H

How come it wouldnt run right? sounds like a good plan 4efe has more potential, hopefully putting that engine would sort the boys in the swift gti's out! lol

wow did not know that..

thought it was 88bhp

it is 88. that generation of 4efe made 100ps which equates to roughly 90bhp. ad for discrepincys for our lower octain rating and a recalibrated eu ecu and it explains your 88bhp

whoever wrote that in is just regurgitating(sp) info.

it is 88. that generation of 4efe made 100ps which equates to roughly 90bhp. ad for discrepincys for our lower octain rating and a recalibrated eu ecu and it explains your 88bhp

whoever wrote that in is just regurgitating(sp) info.

the man has spoken! lol