i went on my dads for the 1st time a few week ago, took me about 10mins to figure out how to turn it on and then about half hour to find the internet explorer . . . . . turns out its called safari! which about sums up my grasp of technology! ^_^

i went on my dads for the 1st time a few week ago, took me about 10mins to figure out how to turn it on and then about half hour to find the internet explorer . . . . . turns out its called safari! which about sums up my grasp of technology! ^_^

^^^ Haha :D

It doesn't even have a delete button for gods sake :D

^^Don't make a mistake then :p

Well as part of my job I support Windows OS's so I'm really used to where things are in terms of settings and all that sort of stuff.

I just fancied a chance and I love the apple products so decided to get a macbook.

A friend at college had one and was always raving about how good they were.

Macs are AWEEEEEEEEEESOME!!!

Had my MacBook Pro for over a year now, i payed £1000 for it, and when i got it home to go on it i HATED it!!

Lol i thought i had just wasted £1000 on a crappy laptop, was not impressed haha

Give it a few days and its the best, its probably the best thing i have ever bought tbh, no kidding!!!

You will hate it at first as i did, if you have used windows all your life which im sure most have.

I cant even touch a windows run computer now, just cant use them any more as the Macs are the best and easiest things to use when you get used to them.

You can pretty much control/do anything with one hand just using the mouse pad, using the different finger controls/movements.

Next i will get an iMac, when i get my own place.

As you can see, i LOVE my Mac now lol

I've had a mac mini for about a year teamed up with a wireless keyboard & mouse and i've never wanted a pc back, its never missed a beat, all i've done is change the batteries in the keyboard and mouse a few times, its had a fair few updates but never slowed down (one update i remember made if faster in fact), there is a new operating system coming out this year at some point which im sure will be another nice step forward.

When my mum & dads pc packed up they gave my mac a try, mum loved it dad wasn't so sure, now a few months down the line they have a macbook pro and even my dad who can barely work out the remote for the tv, can use the internet etc with no problems.

Going to work on pc's annoy me (especially ours as they are slow and outdated) so its nice to come home to something reliable & fast

My best advice would be backup everything you own off your pc like pictures, music etc as once it arrives you wont want to go back onto your pc, as for software go to apple.co.uk and search through what they have to offer, give yourself time to adapt to the differences & you'll be hooked.

• 2 weeks later...

MacBook arrived yesterday..I love it already :lol:

Few things which are going to take a while to get to but will come with time..one thing I want to ask mac users, is there a shortcut I can use to go back to the desktop like you can in Windows?

put 4 fingers on the touch pad mate and sweep them up :lol:

4 fingers and sweep down will bring up all the windows you have open

4 fingers left or right sweep will bring up a box with the programs you have open

3 fingers left will go back a page (on safari for example) and 3 fingers right will go forward a page

Tbh for photo editing there like mentioned no different.. I've you use Photoshop on a pc with a high spec compared to a mac the program will run the same. I prefer macs as they just seem to work and I've never been let down by one.. I'm hopefully getting my MacBook pro at the end of the month :p Photoshop and lightroom with 8gb ram..that's gonna be niceeee :p

They are good, but like with anything at the end of the day they could be better.. Don't use USB 3.0 for example, no Sata port (cheap netbooks even have these) and when you use a MacBook pro closed (when using an external monitor) the extractor blows dust all over the keyboard/screen lol