...where does it show a cat? do you know what a cat looks like? :p

thats just a middle-box, silencer type thing, used in japland to control emissions/noise etc (hence why jap exhausts although cool for the brand, arent actually the best exhausts to get, well, not if you're swapping turbo's anyway).

on the stock ct9 they're fine as they provide some back pressure, which the ct9 needs greatly as the wastegate is shit, but if you were to go for something bigger or a hybrid etc, nothing jdm wise will beat a custom exhaust, just because they become restrictive to meet various jap regulations etc. :p

...where does it show a cat? do you know what a cat looks like? :p

thats just a middle-box, silencer type thing, used in japland to control emissions/noise etc (hence why jap exhausts although cool for the brand, arent actually the best exhausts to get, well, not if you're swapping turbo's anyway).

on the stock ct9 they're fine as they provide some back pressure, which the ct9 needs greatly as the wastegate is shit, but if you were to go for something bigger or a hybrid etc, nothing jdm wise will beat a custom exhaust, just because they become restrictive to meet various jap regulations etc. :p

oh right i see, ignore my stupidity then.

what i was planning to do was get the blitz decat and full sysytem. then add a front mounted intercooler, better wastgate and a boost controller, not sure about upgrading the turbo yet.

to be honest i dont reallk know alot yet as this is my first car with a turbo and not really good with it all yet.

oh right i see, ignore my stupidity then.

what i was planning to do was get the blitz decat and full sysytem. then add a front mounted intercooler, better wastgate and a boost controller, not sure about upgrading the turbo yet.

to be honest i dont reallk know alot yet as this is my first car with a turbo and not really good with it all yet.

all sounds find except the wastegate, the stock ct9's one is gash, but not much you can do about it really, not worth plumbing in another one.

td04's internal wastegates are fine anyway. :p

all sounds find except the wastegate, the stock ct9's one is gash, but not much you can do about it really, not worth plumbing in another one.

td04's internal wastegates are fine anyway. :p

kk thanks, erm how much can you increase the boost without having to upgrade internals and other things?

and any other modifications i can do to improve the performance as i want to make this pretty fast?

With no fueling mods you wont run more boost for long! Get the basics in place before going for the other power mods.Fuel pump,rrfpr before you think about turning up the boost. :p

With no fueling mods you wont run more boost for long! Get the basics in place before going for the other power mods.Fuel pump,rrfpr before you think about turning up the boost. :p

ok cheers, will come to turing boost up last of all then.

best to buy an aftermarket fuel pump or just one of say a celica? or supra?

Too many people turn up the boost and then wonder why the engine goes pop,very common mistake! You could get a supra/celica pump but theyre gonna be a fair age most of them,get a new walbro pump for the gt theyre only about £100 and you know it's not gonna give up on you 6 months down the line! Piece of piss to fit too!

Too many people turn up the boost and then wonder why the engine goes pop,very common mistake! You could get a supra/celica pump but theyre gonna be a fair age most of them,get a new walbro pump for the gt theyre only about £100 and you know it's not gonna give up on you 6 months down the line! Piece of piss to fit too!

thanks for the advice mate, will go down that road then.

2nd hand, dunno how long it's been used for and waiting for some photos if he has any...

is that the one off TGTT because i wanted that one lol? i just dont have the money right now ????