Hey all, right i have been a member on here for ages, as i used to own a starlet. But this club had only just started and I was more of a member on TOC.

But now after years of different cars i am back in the market for a starlet, hopefully a clean sr. Not desperate at the moment but once a few things are sorted it will be time to buy.

So if anyone in the East anglia area is thinking of selling please get in contact.

Oh heres my old starlet, some might remember but you will have to be old skool lol

65383f09.jpg

3cde07d6.jpg

bd3517f3.jpg

Isnt this the third time you have come back? Im sure you put a newbie post like this but ages ago, welcome back anyway ;)

I did come back after i had a 206 and was looking for a glanza, but a t sport yaris won me over instead. So never got the glanza.

Have a mk7 fiesta now but have moved in with my girlfriend so we are selling her mini and then i will get a sr and she will have the fiesta.

From Newmarket but in a tiny village called lidgate.

• 3 weeks later...

Right i have found 2 starlets for sale, one is not far from me and the other is about 2 hours away.

Not far from me http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2403898.htm

2hours from me http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2404132.htm

Now pros are, the one that near me has 6 months MOT and 6 months tax, and the guy who owns it is a mechanic and has serviced it at vw.

But its done 99k which i know its not terrible but...

The one 2 hours away has done 74k, looks very clean from the pic,12 months mot and just been serviced, but no tax and dont really fancy driving it without tax, but thinking maybe about seeing if he will tax it. As i am only gonna knock it off the asking price.

Thing is they are both up for the same price???Are they about right or do you think either is over priced?

Which would you people opt for????

Yea i was looking more towards the 2nd one. But i have found another one which is more local to me and really looks clean from the pics, plus has just had a brand new cat back tte exhaust fitted. So will update as of saturday as hopefully i will have brought it if a deal can be agreed. And this one is black so be nice to get a black sr. As my other car is white so would make a change

Cheers yeah the sr seems in really good nick and has been treated to a few goodies by the last owner,tho i have removed the fensport sun strip :)

Does anyone know if the sr stickers on the sides can be brought from somewhere???As mine are faded so be good to get a new set. Only for the sides tho.

Oh and another thing...can anything be done to the ariel on the starlet as this one on mine seems so long!!!!Thinking about cutting it half way and putting the black tip back on.

Oh and another thing...can anything be done to the ariel on the starlet as this one on mine seems so long!!!!Thinking about cutting it half way and putting the black tip back on.

yeah there all long just tuck in in a have it poking out abit, cant even take off otherwise have a hole there lol

Oh my mind has been pt to peace tonight as i have been reading up on the ticking/knocking noise which seemed to appear today on my sr, worried it was something bad but from what i have read its injectors. Thats a weight off my mind. :D ;) :D

Got it booked in next week for a cambelt change next week as seems it was last changed at 31k, and its now on 72k.

Will start a thread up at the weekend....oh first mod was removing the wack fensport sticker from the front. :D