cigarette socket

howdy all just a quick question the cigar socket in my car aint working so i just had a quicky couple of questions

1) where the fookin hell is the fuse so i can check its not blown

2) how have people repaired theres? i see its a common fault for the contacts to be corroded etc but mine are absolutely spot on and i still cant get any power from it the actual wires read out 12v but when cnonected get nothing?

so should i try pick up a second hand socket from a gt breakers or is it something else?

thanks guys

Have you tried looking under the trim behind the socket. When i got my Black Glanza it didn't work (the ligher) One day i looked behind the socket taking the plastic surrounding it off. it just wasn't plugged in. Plugged it in and worked fine.

Has it ever worked before? And does your Stereo work?

Have you tried looking under the trim behind the socket. When i got my Black Glanza it didn't work (the ligher) One day i looked behind the socket taking the plastic surrounding it off. it just wasn't plugged in. Plugged it in and worked fine.

Ah yes an sometime's people dont use the lighter so they use the live feed from it for somink els...

ill take it off n have a look see if it is a loose connection

yh my stereo works fine :ph34r:

i need it to work so i can use my sat nav to come to all the shows lol

prob best not using it or ull get lost :lol: mine likes to tell me to take the next left on a round about which would be fine if it didnt normal tell me that when am driving on alike a 10 mile straight with no roundabout at the end :)

well just pulled out this from inside number 2 tail lights number plate lights etc

b1b86502.jpg

and i have a 20a fuse instead of a 15 in the cigarette lighter soket does tht matter?

also i have no fuse in 4 the fuel pump do i not need it?

i had this is my GT what i had done was used this little shitty heater in my car becouse i had not hot heat was just a temp thing and it blew somthing in my car so i checked the car all the fuses everything was fine even got the cigarete socket out its self no loose connections what so ever.... never fixed it in the end as i sold it but was a right pain!

I have heard these have got a resistor that burns out when used on high power things for a long time. a good check to do is to get a multimeter if you have one? link the positive inside pin in the socket to the outer part (negative) with a bit of wire and then check continuity between the two spade connections on the back.

Mine has currently gone atm after using a cool box on it for a couple hours so going to get mine out in the next couple of days hopefully will let you know what the problem with mine was!

yeh i multimetered it no continuity and the wire between 2 points has snapped or something so im guna get a new socket as the wires that connect to it read the right voltage

ive put 4 new 15a fuses in for lights cig socket and fuel pump i cant see why there wasnt one in fuel pump - if uts fused at the pump and the fuse box nothing will happen will it?