Relocating air filter to front bumper

Decided to do this as the stock location is a) crap, :p no longer of use to me as I've put the catchcan there lol. So it has to go straight from the turbo to the front bumper area. As this must have been done many many times before, does anyone know where to buy the kit needed to do it? tight fit from the turbo to the front bumper to allow the blitz filter to sit nicely :p

It's going to make a big difference to inlet temps once it's done and all the piping is heatwrapped.

You can see what I'm on about here ---> www.night-spirit.co.uk/blog

Decided to do this as the stock location is a) crap, :p no longer of use to me as I've put the catchcan there lol. So it has to go straight from the turbo to the front bumper area. As this must have been done many many times before, does anyone know where to buy the kit needed to do it? tight fit from the turbo to the front bumper to allow the blitz filter to sit nicely :p

It's going to make a big difference to inlet temps once it's done and all the piping is heatwrapped.

You can see what I'm on about here ---> www.night-spirit.co.uk/blog

you using a different turbo yes mate?

with the stock ct9, you will have uncontrollable boost as it'll be sucking in more air than it can expel, it'll boost creep/spike like a nutter!

oh crap...I don't want to fit it behind headlight as that's naff! putting it at bumper area is best for cool air :p

I was just thinking if I remove the stock pipe and attach the original air filter pipe (the bendy one) onto the turbo....that should do the trick?

There are 2 types of blitz fmic from my experience (had both..sold one)

It's a bit of a bitch job but worth it as the pipework is all well away from the engine so cooler, if you heatwrap the pipes in the engine bay that is.

I thought about the filter getting wet in the front bumper...that's very true but it's a risk I'd take I think?

Guest daveburwash
you using a different turbo yes mate?

with the stock ct9, you will have uncontrollable boost as it'll be sucking in more air than it can expel, it'll boost creep/spike like a nutter!

Complete and utter tosh!

Missed that one...yeah...boost spike and all that? don't think so, surely the air drawn in is the same ammount just colder/denser.

Plus boost creep/spike won't occur with te avc-r

What's this hydro lock then? and that'll only happen if the filter is soaked won't it? just can't see that happening :p

Pardon my ignorance but I thought a decat would stop boost creep a little as it's less restrictive it will flow away from the wastegate quicker... or maybe that's the seperated decats... or maybe I'm just wrong??