Car Wont Start :/

hi guys, first of all im not sure which area too put this in so just thought id stick it in here. my new 2nd hand engine is fitted and everything dandy, but it wont start :thumbsup:. fuelling seems to be fine, got plenty sparks. it seems like the dizzy needs set up. but everywhere we turn it too it just wont start. get a few little pops and stuff and you can hear it firing occasionally but thats as far as it goes.

when i bought the engine off a previous member, the guy who removed and fitted the persons fully forged engine said there was nothing wrong with it, just needed the dizzy set up, but with removing the engine why would u need to fiddle with thaat? im confused and ive lost all patience now.

any help appreciated please guys. :(

well first off if i bought an engine off someone and they said it runs fine, but it needs the dizzy setting up id have walked away there and then... but uve got it now so...

if there is fuel and a spark it has to go bang... now..

when u turn the key to ignition can u hear the fuel pump prime?

have you checked there is fuel pressure at the rail?

make sure map sensor is all plugged in and working ok....

then check the spark plugs, leads, dizzy & rotor & king lead....

as i said if it has fuel and a spark generally it has to go...

well first off if i bought an engine off someone and they said it runs fine, but it needs the dizzy setting up id have walked away there and then... but uve got it now so...

if there is fuel and a spark it has to go bang... now..

when u turn the key to ignition can u hear the fuel pump prime?

have you checked there is fuel pressure at the rail?

make sure map sensor is all plugged in and working ok....

then check the spark plugs, leads, dizzy & rotor & king lead....

as i said if it has fuel and a spark generally it has to go...

yeah problem was, the dizzy was tight right. then after id paid he saidl oh yeah the dizzy needs set up. :/ i was like oh right. .

yeah you can here the fuel pump prime, there seems too be plenty of pressure at the rail, i removed the fuel return pipe and it spewed out .. ive checked the plugs and leads, all sparking . and the rotar is rotating.

cheers for the help socks. im stunned too why it wont go. :thumbsup:

if you have fuel and spark it will be a sensor have you got your old engine still?chuck some bay pics up aswell, may just be something simple dude

right ok talking of sensors, ive got one plug/switch on the fuel rail, at the end , i.e. look at the car, on the left side, but cant find what it plugs into, plus when i bought the car there was a few un plugged cables etc. ive still got the olf engine but its just a bare block. and i havent got a digi camera and ive lost the lead for my phone :) sorry but thanks :lol:

Either gonna be a sensor or a vacuum leak will cause it not to start or an earth so just got check all the wiring/piping

ok cheers dude ill have a look but im still learning the ropes of the petrol engine haha

where abouts in south wales are you dude i can pop up and take a look if you like, is the icv plugged in, is about the onlt thing around that area.

and im down in ammanford. jct49 of the m4. where are you from pal? and im not sure what the icv is? sorry

he is from ammanford mate dan pm me ill come over aswel

yeah please luke u promised me youd come down :lol:

Ammanford is a treck for you Luke lol

i know mate ide go in a van from work and dan would give me a huge bj at the end lmao

ok cheers dude ill have a look but im still learning the ropes of the petrol engine haha

and im down in ammanford. jct49 of the m4. where are you from pal? and im not sure what the icv is? sorry

yeah please luke u promised me youd come down :lol:

lol because im alwasy up for it then remember how far it is and think f**k it lol il get the van and come thou this time i swear

i know mate ide go in a van from work and dan would give me a huge bj at the end lmao

:)

lol because im alwasy up for it then remember how far it is and think f**k it lol il get the van and come thou this time i swear

haha. u always shit out luke. lmao. any way. more help on the gt please? :lol: ha. im so upset!

i live near jct34 dude i could pop up on the weekend for you if you want, the ics is bolted to the left side of the inlet and if not plugged in wont start

ah right ok mate. brigend then? erm what day is best for you? ive got rugby away in carmarthen on saturday so sunday is more ideal for me. or whenever is suitable. obviously petrol expenses will b paid for etc. and yes that is plugged in. but there is another plug below that on the fuel rail which isnt plugged in but i cant see where it goes?

sunday it is then mate, drop me a pm with your phone number and address, i will drop you a text to arrange a time etc, should get it sorted can only be so many things you have got the main bit being fuel and spark so would say its sensor related

right ok awesome mate cheers, erm ive got a temporary number so i can give u that but not sure how much longer ill have it for, and the car is ten minutes from my house. not far from the motorway infact, i no youll probably find it straight away, im still learning , :lol:

You dont need the ICV plugged in for the car to start

Are the leads on the right way round? IE: the firing order

Dizzy 180 degs out?

guess what!!!

i came off of here yesterday at about 3 so just missed this comment. now just seen it. and after hassle all day suddenly came too mind the it was all t fuck

the distributor was infact 180 degrees out. sorted that and boom. fired up straight away. :p thanks very much guys and especially james from cj performance whos been in touch with me today and offering too come down.. much appreciated guys!!!