ipod connection?

right here we go. something that has been bugging me for ages, ive got a jvc dvd player . its got a load of cables with connections on the back of it behind the dash,

one is blue and sayd remote , with a aux kindof plug, would this be the ipod lead connection or am i completely wrong?

my old jvc has a funny plug which the ipod connecter plugs in to not sure if its same as new 1s tho can stick pic of if its of anyhelp

ive had it for over a year now and wasnt sure which one it is. but its got a label on it that says remote :/ its just a headphone connector thing. that shape and size, so i presumed it was the aux too ipod lead connection?

on mine it had the same i tryed pluging and mp3 lead in it and didnt do anything dunno why tho lol worth a shot

ill give it a go an see what happens. theres like 7 different leads though. :/ wierd as hell!

The remote is for a column mounted control, nothing else, your ipod will either need an aux in port, or usb compatibility that will run an ipod,

Day

ahh right ok. erm the remote one is the one that sticks out. all the others have a cap over them.. well im pretty sure it must b ipod compatible. its mp3 an all the rest, dvd etc.

ahh right ok. erm the remote one is the one that sticks out. all the others have a cap over them.. well im pretty sure it must b ipod compatible. its mp3 an all the rest, dvd etc.

I know what you're saying, my SR had column mounted controls, albeit with a sony headunit. Best thing to do is type in your model number and fetch up the specs of your unit

Day

You can't just shove an aux cable and expect it to work :lol:

Remote is for when your using an amp, well I'm pretty sure it is as i remember when i put a sub an amp into my car.

its worth a go isnt it :) hahaa. well ive got a sub amp an 6x9s and they work fine. so no idea lmao

just get an auxilary cable with ipod connection from halfrauds think they are about 12 quid plug it in the back and mount the ipod on the dash.only problem with doing it this way is you need to skip songs on the ipod rather than the head unit itself.

yeah thats what i was goin too do. but wasnt sure if it plugs into the remote socket or not :/ sorry for all the hassle but its been baffling me for way too long. and the bonus of changin on the ipod is you dont have too press skip a million times :)

auxxxxxx.jpg

That is an AUX connection :)

yeah i no what it is haha.. but mine is a dvd player and hasnt got it on the front. so i thought it would b in the back. and the only one uncovered i can see is the remote one? haha :lol:

^^^ there will be an aux socket on there if you just take you head unit to halfrauds and ask them for a lead to plug in to that and then you ipod they should have one

or ebay if your in no mad rush

i pod lead

yeah thats the one i was on about.. top marks again james! :p