Side exit exhausts - MOT and emmissions

Hi just wondering what everyone does regarding side exit exhausts and MOTs etc. its gona be mated to a tdo5 so chucking a cat wont really be an option unless when i get it made have a removable cat or summin i it fits maybe..

any one know anything on this. help please got some decisions to make.

cheers

sam

yup just have to find/bribe a 'nice' mot tester... alot will just say wtf this is silly loud and fail on noise levels, not to mention emissions.

some dont have an issue with the noise level so much so a little word there way saying that emissions might be high... could we use that golf over in the corner :lol:

ha ok guys i get the jist.

cheers for the help if not i might wack on a ct9 on my conversion before the td05 just so i have no problems and when running in but ill deal with that in 2 months when it comes.

appreciate the input guys

sam

ha ok guys i get the jist.

cheers for the help if not i might wack on a ct9 on my conversion before the td05 just so i have no problems and when running in but ill deal with that in 2 months when it comes.

appreciate the input guys

sam

She'll pass emmisions fine with the larger turbo, she's using the same amount of fuel as a ct9 to idle. However if your idle is mapped richer than it should be then there can be issues.

Stick a bung in the exhaust to quiet it down.

Shouldnt have much of an issue apart from funny looks as I bet most MOT tester's have never seen one before :lol:

And they generally arent too noisy so shouldnt have much issue, mine will be running front exit for the MOT too

Shouldnt have much of an issue apart from funny looks as I bet most MOT tester's have never seen one before :lol:

And they generally arent too noisy so shouldnt have much issue, mine will be running front exit for the MOT too

I'm in the same boat as yourself, MOT is up and after it comes out of ECC the exhaust will be out the upper side of the wing :)

2 years worth of mot's with a front exit, third one coming in feb :) as above ask nicley and see what happens, i favour pug 307 lovley low emissions on them :lol:

ask them nicley to do just the idle test or to not bother with emissions lol

and idle test only on jdm cars year is regurdless so long as there is no uk production spec equivalent i.e 1.3turbo uk ep91 wich as we all know there never was. can read it all on line, is dull but good to arm yourself icase tester is a twat, another one for you is you dont need the wing mount indicators so long as its using glanza front indicators due to the bulge in the lense making it visable from 1.5m of the line of the rear bumper but again only on jdm

Guest cheshireglanza

luke that front exit passed on my glanza dude no probz, just tell the guy if he dont pass it you will get naked he prob wont even test your car then just pass it :lol: