Air filter relocation

Hi guys ive got a cone airfilter in my n/a but i realised when i popped the bonnet after a long trip that the air filter was getting alot of hot air compared to what i thought. i think its time to relocate the filter now. I dont want to spend ££££ on air filter relocation kits so does ny1 out there no a way to relocate the air filter. e.g. a different form of pipe that would work.?

cheers everyone.

p.s No stupid ideas, such as stick it out of the bonnnet.! LOL :D :D

well im now doing it u can buy all the parts off ebay for around £30-£40

or if not youve got a trader on tgtt that does it but his are around £58

can you not just use any metal pipe.? or plastic.? (as you can tell i dont no much about this) :D

well ive got plastic atm but it doesnt really help the airflow cause u just literally lay it over the silicone but becasue its plastic u cant jubilee clip it etc , hense y i want a aluminium plus aluminium can get colder then plastic

im not sure on the size of my filter ill take it off tomoz n defo measure cheers for the links i alredy have a bit of silicone off my turbo so id presume its 51mm from turbo and 38mm to the aluminium part?

Other way round if its a CT9. 38mm (from to turbo) to 51mm