lowered the front end yesterday so the tyre sits about 10mm inside the arch. ive got D2 coilovers with camber adjustable top mounts. is it worth putting some camber on them? will it improve handling anymore than now? im going to drop the back end today :)

any help appreciated ;)

Remember there is abit of camber adjustment at the base of your shocks. I have a camber guage but before I had that i used a sprit level and various thickness of drill bits to measure my camber.

-1 degree of camber is a good start point, anymore than that you start to loose your braking and grip. Remember its all about keepin as much tyre on the road as possible during whatever type of driving YOU normally do

You dont need the camber bolts if you have top mounts camber mounts. Camber is adjusted at the top of the shock. The camberbolts aadjust at the bottom which is actually called kinpin incline.

You only use camber bolts if you DONT have coilovers. Camber bolts are to correct your camber, not necessaryly to add more camber.

Standard bolts are 15mm thick, I just bought 14mm thick bolts for £2 and got 6 degrees of camber. The car was un driveable.

1 degree of camber is what you want, your car will turn in faster to corners etc. Any more than that it will become alittle unstable over 80mph, trying to hold her in a straight line up the motorway wont be as easy. Also any more than that will decrease you tyre grip when braking in a straight line but it will increase your grip through a corner.

Measue your camber first. Both sides of yor car are not always the same even if you have them set t the same marks due to potholes and knocks and bumps over the years.

Also a handy rule of thumb for the how low can I got is your driveshafts. You want your driveshafts horizontal, or level.

Cool thanks for the reply! I haven't got coilovers and an not looking to get some an anytime soon and I need to correct the Driver's side camber on my NA. It's quite positive atm (must have hit a pothole) so would bolts be safe? I'd like to dial in -1 degree on the front