oil leak from dump valve :S

orite well about three weeks ago i noticed i had a oil leak so had a look where it was comin from and its cuming from the turbo so i thought my oil seals must be on there way out. So i have been keeping an eye on my oil levels and bin using the only wen need too (which is very little) but last week i noticed tht there is oil cumin out of my dump valve :S soo took off the intercooler and tht is covered in oil also :S

just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what could be causing this I've just bought a ct9 off a member off here but surely something else must of went aswell because im sure if it was just the oil seals, oil wouldnt be in my intercooler and goin back into the inlet

all help appreciated ;)

some pics of the oil sorry about the bad photos iphone and darkness dont work lol

230.jpg

231.jpg

233.jpg

cheers

dan

a mate of mine just jacked his car up.....got into 3rd gear. rpms at about 4500rpm and sprayed degreaser down the filter pipe into turbo.... was quite suprised how well it worked actually cleaned the inside of his pipework, intercooler quite well! haha...

but i wouldnt recommend this!

well I've got a turbo bought and im gonna change the oil feed while I've got the turbo out and I've got an rx 7 cooler to put back on once I've cleaned the pipes and such so tht shudnt be a problem ;) i just thort some it else has gone aswell.. only things thts confusing me is its not smoking part from wen its ticking over thort it wud be smoking all the time if the seals had gone :S

cheers for advice guys :)

Hahaha thats class matt, remind me of a time me and my mate went halves on a flower power micra and just destroyed it in a night hahaha soooo much fun

And yeah i only just realised its a standard TMIC, an excuse to get a RX7 like you said or a FMIC ;)

And yeah i only just realised its a standard TMIC, an excuse to get a RX7 like you said or a FMIC :)

noo i mean I've already got a rx7 cooler i did have it on but took it off and put the standard one bk funnily enough just before i had this problem lol quite glad i did now ;)

i would say the turbo or piston/piston rings, do a compression test just to make sure it aint piston/ring damage

i was thinking piston ring actually i done a compression test about 3 months ago and all was good wud a dodgy piston cause a misfire wen im on high boost tho because i have one I've tried every thing to get rid of it :S

cheers

100% turbo seals.

Smokes on idle because oil leaks through the seals into the cat/decat. Doest smoke when driving as pressure will push the seals back together.

Lot of oil that, turbo will be fucked.

cheers mate I've got a turbo cuming in the next few days so this turbo wont be goin bk on :)

just need to find out wa my misfire is next ;) if any has any ideas what tht cud be :S

As already said do a compression test just to be sure as if it is ringland damage you may put a new turbo on & could end up blowing the seals on that too. Even though you did one 3 months ago you could of developed the problem within that time as this could also be the source of your mis-fire.

Do a diagnostic test aswell to see if any codes come up, in case the mis-fire is something else, what mods have you got, & is there any smoke/oil coming out the breathers?