Hello there ;) just wondering if anyone else with a n/a has done what im gonna do, ive got the FMIC intercooler piping off a turbo engine, its the section from the intake mani runs over the gearbox an then ends up between the rad an front bumper, obviously i know i gotta watch out for puddles etc, which is y im now puttin it on now the roads are dryin up a bit, just wanted to see peoples views on this, because be some nice cold feed of air all the time!!!

this would be good with the turbo mani and throttle body but waould be to much for the roller mani would loose som top end hp i would say. just keep the standard box with k&n pannle filter, and run a cold air feed to the bottom of the box, useing a heat exchanger on the fueline in (fuel cooler) and remove the throttlebody coolant pipes can reduce inlet charge temps better, also rap the exhaust mani and down pipe this will help reduce engine bay temps.

• 1 month later...
Think it was Iddy that did this with one of his N/A's?

Pretty good idea and would love to see if it made better results :)

Cheers for the replys guys, well I fitted this 2 days ago.. An feels like is has made it slightly quicker an more. Responsive, also looks fuckin nuts wiv an airfilter lurkin behind the bumper... Aldo sounds evil now I would reccomend!!!!!

Cheers for the replys guys, well I fitted this 2 days ago.. An feels like is has made it slightly quicker an more. Responsive, also looks fuckin nuts wiv an airfilter lurkin behind the bumper... Aldo sounds evil now I would reccomend!!!!!

Do you have any pics?

I might do that

Do you have any pics?

I might do that

Yea lost a slight bit of bottom end tourque, ill put pics up later for ya, im running it with the carrola mani, an in the intercooler piping where the bov goes ive plugged with a lucozade cao(snug fit) drilled a hole in it an put the temp sensor in there, the whole car once it gets above 4000 jus takes off to the red line, top end power feels alot better, but like I say just lost bottom end tourqe slightly, and the other good thing is it aint affected my econemy much, bit more juicy but not as much as I thought it would :)

Ill add pics later

is there no intercooler core? i'm confused. i tohught you said you had a core etc. so you've put a filter on the end of a ali pipe. i believe alot of people have done something similar.

is there no intercooler core? i'm confused. i tohught you said you had a core etc. so you've put a filter on the end of a ali pipe. i believe alot of people have done something similar.

Just the FMIC pipe it says, some other douche is doing what your saying.

That looks decent minus the shield as said its not doing any favours.

OBX one's off ebay fit but you'll need the exhaust adapted to fit. AND they don't seem to very beneficial for our cars as they are designed for Paseo's 5efe. A Cat-back exhaust will give you a guaranteed gain; I made 87.6bhp with Apexi filter, Corolla mani and 2" straight through exhaust :)

ahhh fair enough.. yea i looked at the obx ones but aint too bad because im a mechanic so can weld it n stuff, but like 220 by the time you pay import tax and shit from the states... well ive taken the center silencer out and got the sr back box on it but im thinkin de-cat and straight through to the back box :)... also got the 50mm glanza throttle body jus dno what vac pipes to bung up and the coolant ones etc, also i think the TPS sensors r diffent? anyone have any idea or pics??

Decat and straight through is a win, a member recently made 90bhp with that but 2 or 3" decat back

I'd defo say don't bother with a mani though, on the last Dyno day I made more power than one NA using an adapted corolla exhaust mani and another using a OBX AND decat! Obviously it depends on health of engine etc but it's best to go with something proven :)

Ask redz11 about the Glanza TB, or miib14 they both have them I think

Decat and straight through is a win, a member recently made 90bhp with that but 2 or 3" decat back

I'd defo say don't bother with a mani though, on the last Dyno day I made more power than one NA using an adapted corolla exhaust mani and another using a OBX AND decat! Obviously it depends on health of engine etc but it's best to go with something proven :)

Ask redz11 about the Glanza TB, or miib14 they both have them I think

ok mate nice one :) yea my engine is pretty healthy got a winner, brought it for 900 with 60,000 on the clock :( ok bud nice one for the guidence lol, im intrigued to get mine dyno'd tbh quite impressed for a 1.3 n/a lol jus running out of ideas for it, gonna go down the turbo route next year tho B)

@sparky,

if it is me you are talking about i merely put up a thread enquiring about this and that was all....i thought it would look good and i have no problem if people mistake me for a turbo as i am not going to be lead into a race. This would have been no different than putting a glanza kit on an n/a.

you left a smart comment on that thread also.

hardly think a simply question makes me a douche. Such behaviour on an enthusiasts forum does little to create a bond between members. There is nothing wrong with trying something different. Now excuse me while i wrap my bonnet in carbon fibre style film :)

if it was not me you are talking about then apologies.