Fumes coming out of Dipstick

Ideal, but because the receipt say's 'sold as seen' I'm sure that'd be enough cover for him. Sent him another message, if no good will phone him tomorow and maybe be a bit more forceful, otherwise the bats will be coming out. (haha, jokes).

Doesnt really matter though, you've still got a case, was talking to a guy the other day about someone who bought a bmw from a garage, it was bought for £3000 as a cat c write off. On the way home, the gearbox went, the guy then decided to take it to court about buying a faulty vehicle, garage ended up having to shell out £3k just for a new gearbox, also heard a rumour that even cars bought for scrap by law must be sold with a 1 month warranty

Day

Ah right I'll bear that in mind, I'm reading more and more now of similar problems and alot of people have taken legal action. If he doesn't wan't to play ball I might just see where I can go, all depending on costs etc. Like I said to him, it's not going to be a lot and I'm only after a small contribution to help with costs, after all if he was as genuine as he was before then he would.

Cheers

Ah right I'll bear that in mind, I'm reading more and more now of similar problems and alot of people have taken legal action. If he doesn't wan't to play ball I might just see where I can go, all depending on costs etc. Like I said to him, it's not going to be a lot and I'm only after a small contribution to help with costs, after all if he was as genuine as he was before then he would.

Cheers

Its quite easy to do now, its good becsause its catching out all the idiots selling something dodgy. Get a quote to have the engine reconditioned. Get in touch with a small claims court. See what happens

Day

Its quite easy to do now, its good becsause its catching out all the idiots selling something dodgy. Get a quote to have the engine reconditioned. Get in touch with a small claims court. See what happens

Day

Going to have a look now at the small claims court area, if in worst case i'll take this up I think. I've been looking around the net and read this :

(Some bloke asked if he could drive his car 350 miles even though it's got low compression in 1 cylinder)

There is absolutely no problem in running the car that 350 miles if the low reading is caused by rings or valves. I fact if it is leakage past the valves that is causing the low reading then that long run or a good thrash may get the valves seating properly again as it is often a few bits of carbon on the back of the valve touching the sealing surface that gives a low reading and this is dislodged allowing the valve to seat again. The long drive or thrash can also get a partially stuck ring free.

How true is that?

Cheers

You could take it for a thrash but it won't help at all but may cause more damage like scoring the cylinder as it sounds like the ringlands cracked which is pretty common. probably due to the hks fcd and fueling not being correct perhaps the owner before ran more boost to.as you said drop some oil down cylinder one see if it raises if so definetly cracked piston.