I also put this here:

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....45&start=45

but i thought i would post here as i will get more attention

Just bought a new SS decat from the group buy.

any tips/guide for fitting? im guessing its bolt cat out, bolt decat in. how much of the system do i have to drop to get at it.

is there a lamba sesnor or anything on a glanza? will i get an engine light from the decat?

where can i get new bolts, and how many do i need, as im guessing the existing ones will be rusty/sheered.

thanks

Hi mate did my decat about a month ago wasnt too bad but a bit fiddly at times. yeah it is just unbolt the cat and bolt in the decat, i used the same bolts as mine were still in good nick but got new gaskets which you dont have to do but its a good idea too. I didnt remove anything like the rad etc but just had the front on axle stands, it was bit tight for space but its managable. Theres two sensors on the original cat, one at the top (lamda) and one at the bottom, just put the lamda back in the top one on the decat and the bottom one i just left out (its a cat sensor or something so not needed without a cat). The hardest bit was getting the lamda of the cat but keep trying and youll should be fine. Hope that helps a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine fitted recently, original Cat has two sensor holes, but my decat only had one. The mechanic unplugged the lower sensor from the engine loom, recycled the old gasket with some instant gasket and it works fine.

Best bet drop the coolant, remove rad gives you room to work :lol:

Dont forget to un couple the oil feed from the block and be careful not to fracture it, water lines too and oil pipe back to sump

Un bolt manifold and cat at the exhaust and take the complete unit out makes stripping the cat and manifold easier from the turbo.

ALWAYS USE TOYOTA GENUINE GASKETS WHEN RE BUILDING

John