ok,
so i was minding my own business today driving down the road next to my lane i live on,
when suddenly a tree fell down in front of me, luckily i managed to stop but then
the power lines came down thanks to the tree, they were hitting each other and flashing etc..
so i quickly pulled into someones drive to avoid the tree and then heard the
horrible noise of scratching paint and the whipping noise on the roof as the lines came down,
luckily i managed to avoid injury but my sister had a massive asthma attack and had to be
carried up the road to the doctors, :lol: as soon as its all cleared up i will be able to see if theres any
damage to my car and how bad it is,
im sat at home now with no power, and ive only just had my roof resprayed :lol:

the only reason im not at work was i had to go to my aunties funeral today, but cant now as ive got no transport and its in devon.

moral of my story is be carefull in the wind etc.. as its getting bad

at least were ok though

Dave
[quote name='dave_bristol' post='52597' date='Jan 18 2007, 12:51 PM']ok,
so i was minding my own business today driving down the road next to my lane i live on,
when suddenly a tree fell down in front of me, luckily i managed to stop but then
the power lines came down thanks to the tree, they were hitting each other and flashing etc..
so i quickly pulled into someones drive to avoid the tree and then heard the
horrible noise of scratching paint and the whipping noise on the roof as the lines came down,
luckily i managed to avoid injury but my sister had a massive asthma attack and had to be
carried up the road to the doctors, :lol: as soon as its all cleared up i will be able to see if theres any
damage to my car and how bad it is,
im sat at home now with no power, and ive only just had my roof resprayed :lol:

the only reason im not at work was i had to go to my aunties funeral today, but cant now as ive got no transport and its in devon.

moral of my story is be carefull in the wind etc.. as its getting bad

at least were ok though

Dave[/quote]

shit dude, sorry to hear that, thats a bit poo!
our power went out here for like over an hour, so thats probably why! we're only down the road from you.
i tried convincing em to let me go home but they werent having it :P
Ouch, sorry to hear that man.

Hope it all gets sorted ok.

People watch themselves in this wind though as heard on the radio earlier that a guy died driving his car when the wind blew a big branch through the windscreen of his car :lol:

Take it easy everyone
[quote name='ecksjay' post='52599' date='Jan 18 2007, 12:54 PM']shit dude, sorry to hear that, thats a bit poo!
our power went out here for like over an hour, so thats probably why! we're only down the road from you.
i tried convincing em to let me go home but they werent having it :lol:[/quote]

yeah probably was the reason mate,
its the first road on the left on your way home after you turn left at the traffic lights,
just gotta hope its not caused too much damage,
really pissed off now though, my dad recons i would need to claim off of the people who own the lines for any repairs needed,

Dave
yeah bit of a pain, shame they repaired it because i would've liked to go home :lol:
its still howling out so you never know, might get lucky again :lol:

also, i only go that way when i go to my gf's in bedminster now, if i go straight across at the lights (through the little lane that goes through compton martin, and onto the chew valley lakes etc) it actually ends up in pensford which is right by my house, so its far quicker to get home and alot more fun :P hehe

glad you're alright mate, might be worth checking with the electricity guys to see if you can claim, or ask a solicitor etc or even pose the question to your insurance company.
:lol: Christ thats not good man! At least everyones ok,pisser about the car though! Insurance may not cover it as they may class it as an act of god/natural disaster.It may not be worth claiming as your exess will be more than the repair cost i expect anyway. :lol:

Unlucky, hope it's not much to fix, look on the bright side your cars in better nick than Geo's :lol:

After dropping my g/f I went to go back to get to work, and for 5 mins I was away from that bit of road, there was an accident that 2 police cars and 2 fire engines were rushing down, had to go way-around through flooded country roads in the dark, fun.