Carbon Bonnets?

Just a quick one to the guys who are running Carbon Bonnets on the GTs/Glanzas are you all running bonnet pins?

Always ran without them on the N/a but been told i will 100% need them on a boosted EP is this true?

Cheers

Liam

I'd get them fitted for peace of mind mate. I had the same bonnet as yours and I thought it was fine. I was once on the motorway and my brother was driving next to me and he said he could see the bonnet flat a little. It's really not worth the risk imo, besides the aero catches look sweet anyway.

the problem is....

the metal catchs on, metal bonnets are welded on... very strong...

on carbon or frp bonnets, there glued on... now remember, heat, vibration, age.... are all things against that glue...

personally i would not risk it, if u cave the roof in it'll write off your car!

Yeah but nobody around here wants to drill the holes for me! Think ill just put it on and see what its like. If it lifts slighty ill look into getting the pinned.

dont be a fanny! best way is to get some card and make the cut out in the card and check the catches fit, if they do then youve basically got a stencil! fit the bonnet and make sure it all lines up, fit the pins to the cracsh bar 1st, rest the bonnet on the pins and mark the bonnet from underneath. put a small drill bit through from underneath then you have your marks on top.(drill from the top to avoid it buldging) and just keep checking everything constantly!

i do alot of spirited drving with no pins and its fine on standard clip, or has been for me. my catch is bolted through a bit of the bonnet underneath the visible area not glued on.

yeah when you get up to motorway speeds it flexes a bit, but thats becuase its light material surely

i use aro catches, fitted them myself too. they come with a card template shows all the fixing holes etc is easy to fit, just use a dremmel. worst part is cutting holes in your new bonnet but looks sweet when there fitted takes 2-3hours tops (inc the sweating and crapping yourself for 30mins before you cut the first hole lol)