Thinking of stripping the rear

the rear backrests do weigh quite a bit but the seat itself is just foam so doesnt really weigh anything, but if you fully remove everything like sbelts ans trim too you should notice a slight and wen i say slight i mean slight increase in performance but not much,

the rear backrests do weigh quite a bit but the seat itself is just foam so doesnt really weigh anything, but if you fully remove everything like sbelts ans trim too you should notice a slight and wen i say slight i mean slight increase in performance but not much,

X2, plus you get quite abit more road noise, irritates me when it rains lol!

in my 82 inlcuding the spare tyres all the rear peices including bench and heavy plastic support bar it came to 26 od kilos

all my eps are stripped, light is might after all

the rear towing eye is a kilo also

Seeing as my car only has 72hp atw im contemplating whether to permanently strip out the rear. Although it would be a bit weird having a 5dr with only 2 seats.

Any tips on getting a good time as i may be racing nzEP85 and want to beat his best time of 17.87

My best time is 18.003 but since then i have put on wider tyres and a new clutch.

ul have to practice your launches to beat him i think,

and go on a major stripping session, drivers seat included

how big are your tyres,

if you can get a hold of some 14inch tyres with low profiles for the front thatle also know the gearing down a wee bit,

empty tank on the day with a jerry can to top up for the day as 1 liter is almost equivelent to one kilo - so more weight to be saved there

with that setup low 17s should be possible

another one that people forget about is makes sure your care is nice and clean and polished and slippery, helps the air pass over your car causin lesss drag

nothin wrong with puttin a bit of tape over your gaps aswell to stop drag

its the little things that count lol