Caliper Sticking - Need help asap

Caliper has been sticking for week or so now, My wheel gets extremely hot after a journey so I can't imagine how hot the brake disc itself is getting......

Had the caliper apart three times now and still not any better.

The slides have been greased up, I even took the rubbers out just to test as without rubbers the slides literally fall out, no friction at all. Put all back together again and still sticking so that rules out the slides.

Pushed the piston all the way in to free that up if that was the cause, caliper still sticking after this!

The pads themselves are still ok, not worn right down.....

when the wheel is off and you put a screwdriver in between the pads and the disc to simulate the pads being thicker, it does not stick, so this must mean tyhe caliper only sticks when the pads are getting low.

I don't mind fitting new pads but the problem will only reoccur when the pads get lower again.

The worrying thing is the brake disc warps after a bit of driving as its getting so hot, you can feel it through the steering wheel and this cant be safe! And I dont like using my car like this but I have no other transport to get to work

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've hit a bit of a dead end, cheers

I've just started to feel one of mine sticking when i come to a stop the car feels like i'm still on the brakes ever so slightly I'm investigating at the weekend hopefully it'll just be a strip and clean rebuild and replace the fluid.

I had this problem my brakes set alight I had to buy new piston and seal kit from Toyota I had to take the old piston out clean out inside the cup with oil and 2000 wet and dry then box em back up with new seals inside and out. was fine after that :lol:

I had this problem my brakes set alight I had to buy new piston and seal kit from Toyota I had to take the old piston out clean out inside the cup with oil and 2000 wet and dry then box em back up with new seals inside and out. was fine after that :lol:

I'm thinking it may require me doing this, how expensive are piston kits? I was told recently repair kits are no longer sold, not sure if a piston kit is same as a repair kit?

When i have this problem, i remove the sliders, and clean it out best as possible, pack it with copper grease, and that usually does the trick. if not it will be the main piston, either corroded or dry that gets stuck as the brake heats up.

If the pads have been low, the piston will have been stuck out far, and mabye corroded behind, and now its been pushed back with better pads, it starts sticking. if so just pop the piston out and clean it up, the seal also comes out, this is clipped in.

That will sort your problem dude.

When i have this problem, i remove the sliders, and clean it out best as possible, pack it with copper grease, and that usually does the trick. if not it will be the main piston, either corroded or dry that gets stuck as the brake heats up.

If the pads have been low, the piston will have been stuck out far, and mabye corroded behind, and now its been pushed back with better pads, it starts sticking. if so just pop the piston out and clean it up, the seal also comes out, this is clipped in.

That will sort your problem dude.

thanks very much mate, I'll give that a go after work tomorrow

If you dont fancy popping the piston out, you can just pump it out pretty far and get cleaning under the seal, then same again pack it with copper grease and push the piston in and out a few times with a G-clamp. i did that on my other one because i cba taking it out lol. works fine!