Powerflex ALK Fitting, HELP???

Right, the next Mod's on the list is to replace all ball,joint and bushes underneath the car and to just give it an overhaul really.

So paul (cheshireglanza) did me a huge favour yesterday and brought me down some wishbones in trade for some NGK Sparkplug leads, Epic Bargain :) Top Lad Paul and Thanks Alot for doing that!!!!!

So getting the Wishbones ready for powdercoat and the bushes of to be replaced with poly bushes does anyone know whether to keep the inner sleave ove the oem bush or take it off??

Ive heard a few people say that taking it off wears the poly bushes and other says they've had no problems at all??

Anyway here a pic of what i mean, leave as is, or take it off??

20022011700.jpg

not had a look at my ALK for the last two years (lol) but last i remember the hole for the bush is quiet small....to the extent even if you left the sleeve on it would not fit over the bush

i have a whiteline kit by the way

Right, sorry dude i thought you was in the same boat lol

Ill get my kit orderd next week and then just see what its like, if it needs to come off ill grind it off

Ive also read that the poly bush can be pressed onto the sleave :S

cut it off bud ;) just fitted my full polybush kit to the front of the v, shes polybushed like mad now haha. it wont fit with the sleeve on and never herd of it damaging the poly bush the kits are fantastic!!

cut it off bud ;) just fitted my full polybush kit to the front of the v, shes polybushed like mad now haha. it wont fit with the sleeve on and never herd of it damaging the poly bush the kits are fantastic!!

Thanks shorty i was waiting for your reply as i know you've just done all yours, what have you replaced dude as this is next on my mod list, replace every bush and ball joints etc

Just been hacking them off now and all done ;)

Thanks alot lads appreciate it

done all engine mounts inc my lsd gearbox mount, wishbone mounts, alk, just awaiting a few more to turn up ;) but that collar defo comes off before fitting. do the engine mounts dude, the difference is unreal!!! all my old ones where so fooked its a suprise the engine didnt fall out haha