right well im in a dilema i have saved up enough money to do one big thing to the car and the choice is

WEPR power up kit & tial wastegate & shortend pipe route

glanza gearbox and possibly LSD if i can find a decent box

JDM ecu - jams , mines etc

dastek ecu & gizzmo & mapped

i can only afford to do one and my personal preference is the power up kit due to having several small cracks and a big one in my mani and decat, but i was just wondering how easy it is to fit and what were peoples opinions on them , its available at around £470 delivered brand new external mani, a decat + screamer and oil lines then ill buy a tial to go with it and get my ct9 welded shut

i wana go this route cause if i get my car mapped , or go for a JDM ecu ill probs lose a bit of power through all the cracks etc

so big question is how many people have used one ? and are they worth the money ? and where there noticable gains in having a shorter pipe route and running a ct9 externally ?

cheers guys

I had a CT9 powerkit delivered about 2 weeks ago. Ive a TIAL 38mm as well. All to fit as soon as i can.

I guess it'll solve the obvious boost creep and aid spool time (shorter pipe route etc)

Can't give a review of it yet, obviously.

TDO4 all the way you will not be dissapointed ;)

if you have the money fuck the CT9 tbh turbo is so small

i aint got that much lol ! id need a new ecu remap possibly fuel pump injectors etc and the tdo4 kits are more then the power ups lol

td04 all the way. ran a hybrid at 1.1 and now have a td04 at .6. feels like theres alot more potential.

how much would you say a td04 kit has cost you roughly buddy?

I had a CT9 powerkit delivered about 2 weeks ago. Ive a TIAL 38mm as well. All to fit as soon as i can.

I guess it'll solve the obvious boost creep and aid spool time (shorter pipe route etc)

Can't give a review of it yet, obviously.

how much did you pay for the powerup if ya dont mind me asking , also what does the product look like quality wise, and what was the postage time was that good too ?

spent 2 grand so far and its million % worth it rather do that then spend it all on the CT9 only so much it can handle + bet you have spent near enough a grand already on the ct9 i kno i did when i had my GT thats when i thought fuck the CT9 next time! TDO4 is capable of 5 million BHP

well atm i havent spent anything i just literally have the ct9 and all the fmic relocated air filter etc

if i could get a td04 kit for around the £600 then id prefer to do that , i just wudnt fit it till i had an emanage ultimate etc and then mapped to 1.2 bar ;)

im not too clued up on td04 etc i always fort for better results ud want a forged engine where as a hybrid runs fine at like 1bar + on stock engine

i thought you'd got fuel pump clutch etc prob go tongs hybrid if moneys tight. obv td04 would be awesome but better going for what ya can afford. seems silly buying td04 n not running it at 1.2 for a year or so.

It's total up to you mate am pushing 230 bhp at 1.1 bar mate. A have just bought a new zisco mani n decat and turbo smart pm and will send you a number text boy because he selling wastage for 110 posted and there's the same turbo am runing on eBay the now ct9/ct20 hybrid

I paid around £278 last year for it when WEPR has a 25% off sale and a bit more to Include a short pipe route kit (which is extra). Feels solid. Took 2 months though to deliver as it was a busy period for him...

yea sacha replys at around 2am. I've had tongs gt hybrid on a wepr powr up kit and also run a td04 (going bigger now ;)) i think hybrids are great and fantastic on the road for a drivable fun car, td04 is a big turbo and good for 270ish but if your not forging dont waste money on a td04, I've had this row for years on starlet forums, a bigger turbo at 210hp compared to a ct9 at 210hp is going to be slower off the mark as the ct9 spools up quicker, FACT! why run a bigger turbo if your not maximising on the turbo?? give it long enough and every one will run gt28's at 1bar and claim its worth it over ct9! I've spent around 20k on my v building it into a crazy road car that will run 300+, I've modded suspension, handaling, brakes, weight, tyres, engine internals, basicaly everything! if your gonna run a big turbo you may aswell do it right! otherwise the power up kit with hybrid is bloody awesome for a roadcar and not shy atal!!!

thanks shorty , brilliant input , thats what i want a fun fast car but its also my daily driver so i dont want it caining in petrol etc , i may eventualy go with a td04 variant in the future but for now 200+ on a quick spooling light car will do me great , ive pmd him so now ill wait til 3ish am and hoopefully get one soon , only thing that concerns me is this whole rotating turbo lol is this easy?

very, if you look at the back of the compressor housing is a huge cir-clip, release it and remove the compressor housing carefully with a rubber mallet to ease it off if needed then rotate push firmly into place and replace the clip ;)

you wont be disapointed with the powerup kit dude, and tongs gt hybrids kick like a horse!! td04 is a good setup on a forged engine running bigger boost, till then i would change a ct9 hybrid starlet for any other setup ;) and I've had my fair share of setups in the 6 and a bit years of modded starlet ownership.

yeah ive had a read of your posts etc on all this sort of thing , thanks for explaining the turbo rotation, im guna get the fmic pipe in the bundle to run the shorter route as mine currently runs over the mani i cant wait, im guna have less spool and no boost creeping issues ;) then in a few months time emu and remap with a hybrid ;) sounds the plan , did u guys use diff injectors with the tongs ?

personaly no, but can run 330 depending on the mapper, look at dastek too bud. speak to dave a tm developments the dastek has a silly amount of features in comparison to the e manage range, again i may get shot down for it but figures speak for them selfs and many mappers i speak with refuse to map emanage gear as they think there are far better options ;) dave is a good guy to speak to and has far more experience than most in the starlet world ;) im only a pm away when you fit the gear bud i do all the work on my car myself with a few mates so we have been there and done it with most mods and am happy to advise and help where i can.