Another relocation air filter thread

has anyone done this with a mushroom.

i was going to take out air con, fit a civic rad.

Then get an elbow reducer, a straight ally pipe, then a straight reducer to the size of the airfilter.

This should put the 'top' of the mushroom facing forward right?

has anybody done the relocation with a mushroom? any pics?

will my piping plan work?

also, does anyone know the size of the intake on a trust mushroom? if not i will measure mine at the weekend.

Thanks

My mate has got one to fit, you will need a 90 degree silicone pipe off the turbo, 90 degree stainless elbow and a 45 degree silicone.

With the filter being so huge it cant sit sideways, so you need the 45 degree bit to turn the filter so it is pointing out the front.

Or even better, just get one 90 degree off the turbo, then a straight stainless pipe with a silicone adaptor for the filter, less bends then ;)

Hope that makes sense :p

My mate has got one to fit, you will need a 90 degree silicone pipe off the turbo, 90 degree stainless elbow and a 45 degree silicone.

With the filter being so huge it cant sit sideways, so you need the 45 degree bit to turn the filter so it is pointing out the front.

Or even better, just get one 90 degree off the turbo, then a straight stainless pipe with a silicone adaptor for the filter, less bends then ;)

Hope that makes sense :p

isnt your second solution what i suggested? have you got any pics of what he said?

does he have a thread on here or on tgtt?

ok, my trust filter is 57mm, so i need

1. 38 to 51mm 90 degree elbow - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/51mm-38mm-90-Elbow-R...=item20a951e6e2
  2. 51mm alloy pipe - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/51mm-OD-x-300mm-Alum...=item20adb1362f
  3. 51 to 57mm straight reducer - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/57mm-51mm-Straight-R...=item1e548239f4

My only question is, item 2, the alloy pipe. ive gone for the 300mm long one (about 12 inches) will that be long enough/too long?

and that comes to £32.27, not bad, cheaper than the prebuilt kits by a fair bit

ok, after talking to somebody on here, they say the space is tight, and all you need is the 90 degree reducer

so i need 38mm for off the ct9 right, then my trust filter is 57mm

but nobody seems to make a 38 to 57mm reducer elbow. can anybody tell me where i can get made up?

search for dhpsport on ebay, theyll make anything you want. i ordered some pipe for exaclty what your planning earlier. came to 30 quid delivered, although mines for a td04 and hks mushroom.

they can supply all clamps, hoses everyhting really

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so ive bought hoses

and im having problems getting the 51-57 staight onto the alloy pipe

ive got the elbow on, but i cant get the straight silicone pipe onto the alloy pipe

ive tried vaseline, heat gun, and soaking in boiling water. anybody got any good tips?

thanks

ok, so ive bought hoses

and im having problems getting the 51-57 staight onto the alloy pipe

ive got the elbow on, but i cant get the straight silicone pipe onto the alloy pipe

ive tried vaseline, heat gun, and soaking in boiling water. anybody got any good tips?

thanks

you need 2 people and 2 alan keys and wd40- i know what your thinking .....WTF

i had the same issue so i wd40'd the pipes, then pushed half the pipe half on

using the alan keys like levers, and having another person pushing on the pipe,

you will get it on

i did a quick ms paint doc but its on my phone so no comments on how ridiculous the pic looks,

i'm only trying to be helpful lol

random.jpg

^Nice tactic lol

I had a fun time connecting up my FMIC last time :thumbsup:

cheers.

lol i had issues too, and i swear screw drivers and levers weren't cutting it, as soon as i tried alan keys.....success

its random but tried and tested lol

see i tried vaseline and a butter knife, is that the same thing?

i hate this freaking hose. especially as i got the elbow side on, so i know it fits, just cant get the straight reducer on....

im now dreading having to do my fmic haha