Well some of you may of read yesterday that i needed to rotate my turbo slightly. This has been done by about 6mm but now i cant fit my actuator! When i bolt it onto the turbo it doesnt reach the flap to open and close the wastegate.. I think im right in saying that if i adjust the actuator i upset what boost im running? How else can i sort this if i cant adjust the actuator?

Cheers!

is it a hks actuator? is so then shorten the arm.

if its a stock actuator then you could space it out by putting some washes between the compressor cover and the bracket to provide more pre load. but would be better to buy hks

It doesn't say hks anywhere on the actuator so I'm guessing it's not. I didn't think the stock actuator had a thread on it to adjust the boost though?

At the minute it's set as far up on the thread as possible and that's only 0.3bar. I can't twist it any clOser to the housing of the actuator due to me rotating the turbo.

get a pic of the whole unit mate, hiow much did you rotate it? you might need to get a bracket made up to suit

I can't get a picture at the minue but I'll get when asap. It was rotated about 6mm just to make the intercooler piping clear the manifold. How much would the brackets cost and what are they used for?

it will have to be a custom bracket, give it a go yourself, just try and have the actuator arm sitting straight, if its at an angle it will be a pain in the arse the set the boost

So your on about the bracket on the actuator? If so I'll have a go myself ;)

Right ive taken the actuator off and winded it back up to run more boost however instead of bolting it in to the turbo ive cable tied it around the air filter pipe and it is holding strong. Is this safe to do until i get a bracket made up or am i asking for trouble?

id say you wer asking for trouble mate play around with the bracket a bit cut bits off, drill some holes in it, move it about im sure you could make it work somehow.

id rather do that than cable tie it to something. what exactly have you cable tied it too?

Its cable tied around my relocated air filter pipe coming from the turbo so its right next to the actuator. Tbh it is holding it tight but obviously if this is going to cause problems i'll have to fiddle with the bracket.

Well after numerous runs i cant get the boost up to 0.8 anymore :) At a guess i need a new actuator? I keep on winding and winding it up but can barley get over 0.5! What do you think would of caused this to happen? Before the turbo was rotated the car was boosting at 0.8 perfectly.