Midlands Run To Manc Meet 20/03

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lad i no is sortin a convoy out 2 go 2 this meet so we might as well tag along with him? make it a bigger convoy?

hes on about meeting at tibshelf services between j28 and j29 on the northbound side?

lemmie no what ya think

Don't you Fancie a run over the snake pass john?? as there will be a good five + cars going in convoy that way Unless we meet up at the MacDonald's at the top of motrom hill just before the motorway?? and all head down the motorway :thumbsup:

Don't you Fancie a run over the snake pass john?? as there will be a good five + cars going in convoy that way Unless we meet up at the MacDonald's at the top of motrom hill just before the motorway?? and all head down the motorway :thumbsup:

Yes mate just lets us know the meeting point :ph34r: would sooner not use the motorway an enjoy the a roads :)

Yes mate just lets us know the meeting point :thumbsup: would sooner not use the motorway an enjoy the a roads :)

Right well lovely john, the trouble with the wood-head is your car will come out loppy at glossop B) witch none of us want lol and some times motrom hill can be a night mare i know a way of avoiding motrom hill so we will come out at mcdonalds just before the motorway we will miss all the traffic at motrom hill!!

if we are going over the snake we best sort it asap so we are all reading from the same him sheet. :ph34r:

so is no one meeting at j27 now? only a week away so wondered where peeps were meeting?

Still J27 then meet others along the way ;)

John

lad i no is sortin a convoy out 2 go 2 this meet so we might as well tag along with him? make it a bigger convoy?

hes on about meeting at tibshelf services between j28 and j29 on the northbound side?

lemmie no what ya think

Still meet @J27 then meet the rest on the way :o

John

Think I best meet up with this group just incase we are moved on upon arrival.

Call in at woodall services northbound just after Junction 30 and meet me?

Yes mate, you can lead out over the tops from there then Dave :p

John

Hi guys,

Well Ive just been onto google and done a quick map of the run from woodall services to the ladybower pub, for those of you that know where the ladybower reservoir is you will sure know where the pub is lol.

What i propose is we meet at the very large layby just after the pub? i say just after the pub.... its a mile up the road round a bend :) But if you go stright past the pub through the lights you cant miss the lay by on your left its massive :p so a chance for some nice pics in the SUN before we set off then some nice steady driving over the snake with some really nice photo opportunities, something you wont get going the wood head.... :) what do we think guys??

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Ladybower, Bamford, Hope Valley, Derbyshire S33 0AX (Ladybower Inn)

Fail, no linky no likey :) But cheers buddy, lets see what the rest say dude?

Im sure somebody thats good on pc's can make the link from woodall services to this post code?? as im shit.... :)

Woodall services to Derbyshire S33 0AX (Ladybower Inn)

Well if they are meeting at 27 for 10:30, 15 mins banter before they set off?, woodall about 11:15, 45 mins to labybower makes it 12 ish, on to manc for 1. looks good to me.

Me personally i would like to get there quite a bit before 1:00 to see if i can get a good spot.. :) but there again what does everybody thats meeting want to do? as it all needs sorting by Friday at the latest.

Below is the route from Woodhall to the Manc meet running over Snake Pass :)

Woodall Service Area (WELCOME BREAK)

At Junction 32 (M18) continue forward onto the M1

Sheffield, Leeds

Leave the M1 at junction 33, then at roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A630

Sheffield Centre

A57

Continue forward onto the A57

At Junction 1 - Cutlers Gate turn right onto the A61

Lower Don Valley

At Junction 9 - Bridgehouses, continue forward onto the A61

Ring Road, Chesterfield

Junction 8 - Corporation Street, continue forward onto the A61

Ring Road

At Junction 7 - Shalesmoor gyratory take 1st exit

Ring Road, Chesterfield

At roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A57

Glossop

Arrive on the A57

A57

Start out on the A57

Snake Pass

At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A57

At traffic signals continue forward onto the A57

Manchester

At mini-roundabout bear right onto the A57

Manchester

At mini-roundabout bear left onto the A57

Manchester

At traffic signals turn left onto the A57

Manchester, Ashton

At traffic signals continue forward onto the A57

Manchester

M67

At roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the M67

Manchester

M60

At roundabout take the 1st exit, then join the M60 motorway

Ring Road South and West

Leave the M60 at junction 9, then at roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A5081

Trafford Park

At roundabout take the 2nd exit

At roundabout take the 3rd exit

B5211

At roundabout take the 4th exit onto Barton Dock Road - B5211

Arrive on Barton Dock Road

Meet J27 M1 @ 10:30 15 mins banter before set off, woodall about 11:15, 45 mins to labybower makes it 12 ish, on to manc for 1.

Planner says 1 hour 42min from Woodhall :)

May arrive a little earlier depending on Traffic etc, Thoughts ??

John