Right my set up

Blitz ecu after market mani, decat, full jap speed system which i have fitted recently.

I was running a hdi boost controller but it started to over boost yesterday to 1.2-1.4 bar!!(thought the hdi unit had gone down) so went back to the actuator/turbo only which before i fitted the exhaust was set @.9 and ran fine and now its still over boosting to 1.2 which while fun is not something i want to be doing!

Even when the hdi controller set @ it's lowest position it will over boost as if its not doing what it is supposed to do.

Acutator not working proper/sticking??

Anyone any ideas as to why or what the issue may be??

John

have you checked for any leaks ? or split vacuum pipes?

Would have thought it would under boost??

Remove the hdi controller and see what just the actuator boosts at.

Already have Dave an still 1.2!!!!!!!!

What happens when you lengthen actuator?

Thats the next job, could it be that the exhaust has changed to set up allowing gases to flow more freely?

And i take it lenghten should pull the boost down??

John

Thats the next job, could it be that the exhaust has changed to set up allowing gases to flow more freely?

And i take it lenghten should pull the boost down??

John

Yeh completely mate. I have a HDI boost controller and my actuator is adjusted so it is the longest it can be with the wastegate closed still if you get me? so in other words you dont have to pull it out to clip it in. mine then boosts at about just over a bar. The actuator needs to be adjusted correctly as the boost controller cant phsically increse the flow to the actuator it only limits it to keep it at a certain boost level throughout revs. Mine boosts at about 0.65 bar at 3500rpm then slowly climbs to just over a bar at 6500rpm just the way it has to be. but i dont know if its just the hdi being cheap that this is the case? the wastegates on CT9 are crap and need to be ported anyways so if that was done would be better also.

might help might not. when i had new decat the flange onto the turbo was restricting the wastegate arm. so i had to grind a bit off the flange so the arm moved freely. prob not whats happening with yours but it made me creep loads before i sussed it.

no john that would just be like a leak/split and would make it boost less

lenghten the actuator :thumbsup:

Will do Edd, gonna pull it all down an fit the zisco ram mani and adjust the actuator, which way is less winding out or in??

might help might not. when i had new decat the flange onto the turbo was restricting the wastegate arm. so i had to grind a bit off the flange so the arm moved freely. prob not whats happening with yours but it made me creep loads before i sussed it.

ran it ok last year with no issues, only major change has been the exhaust through winter

welcome to the world of boost creep jon!

its cooler this time of year!

hybrid or external wastegate buddy!

Cheers Matt, just dont know why it ran fine last year then this has now just raised its head, think its because of the exhaust flowing gases better, just need to drive with one eye on the guage an shift <_<

dont rule out vac leaks, it would make it boost more if it leaking to the actuator.

Put a fresh hose from turbo to actuator as i thought it may be the hdi controller, it will increase boost but not hold it back on the hdi unit, the actuator is an hks one that had been set to .9 before i fitted the boost controller an it's still doing the same.

John

Boost creep mate it's the extra flow from the Zorst (your old one was a bit restrictive eh :thumbsup:) and the waste gate can't get rid of the gasses, after porting mine I've not had a problem since took about 2-3mm off the hole get it potted and it will be fine

Boost creep mate it's the extra flow from the Zorst (your old one was a bit restrictive eh :thumbsup:) and the waste gate can't get rid of the gasses, after porting mine I've not had a problem since took about 2-3mm off the hole get it potted and it will be fine

Will be in post in next couple of days, i'll drop you a text when its on its way <_<

Thanks

John