Hello,

Just fitted my GReddy Type S BOV, On this BOV there are 2 nipples for vacuum hose connections, I believe the second one is to make is re-circulating.

AS its fitted at the moment ive just attached the top one that was connected to my old HKS dumpvalve. It sounds awsome but is pretty much silent on low boost.

Was wondering if connecting up the other bit would change this and if it is worth connecting what do i connect to it?

any info much appreciated

larger nipple has the vac line from intake mani. the smaller one can be left venting but is quieter n bov repsonds slower. believe your meant to t piece a vac line between compressor housing and actuator. hope that sorts it buddy. with the smaller one hooked up it should provide vacuum making it respond quicker and putting pressure into bov seat from below.

I tried connecting mine up when I had the TMIC, it made a low pitch noise, quite unlike the regular sound of Type-S's and that was with one of the vac nipples venting to atmosphere so I dunno if they should both be connected?

jham what FMIC do you have? Do you know what the silicone adaptor size is for the BOV? I have a HDi cooler

Not sure on make of my intercooler, its one of the ones with the over mani hotpipe.

I bought a greddy types s glange to fit 32mm silicone hose and went straight on.

Ithink ill leave as it is for now, but when i fit my hybrid end of the month ill try connecting up the second nipple like string advised

Cool thanks I've got a different FMIC so I'll just measure up for a silicone adaptor size when I'm home next

Does the BOV make the high pitched whistle even with one nipple connected and one not connected?

i havent got the seoncd nipple connected at the mo, there is no high bit whistle, On low bost you can heardly here it dump unless you get right into the boost,

On high boost there is a whistle but wouldnt say it was high pitched then when it dumps it chatters nicley with the bolt tight in. Hoping itll sound abit niver when i get second nipple connected

i got one of these running 250+hp atw, i have the top connected only atm, the bottom one is a pressure fed hose only, so anywhere before the throttlebody, and its not really worth hooking up, when u have the valve set correctly (you dont if u get chatter) it may give a small single chatter before the valves opens fully, and wont chatter at all when closed

i ran 2 of these on my aristo due to the amount of air i had to release, but the starlet runs fine with a single

when you say the valve set correctly do you mean the allen key at the top? just a case of loosen or tighten to set correctly?

starbuck ill find you a link to the flange now, they can do the flange to any size fitment you like to

Fitted today fella. Just had to go out about 10mins ago to adjust some hosing as i connected the smaller pipe to the turbo to Actuator hose and i was boost creeping like mad. I've taken it off now for the moment.

I think i didn't tighten the hose up properly..... DOH!

Starbuck have you managed to fit your Type-S?

I have a HDi cooler too, need to order a silicone joiner for the BOV, was wondering if you knew the correct size to order?

The piping i have from intercooler pipe to BOV is 38mm i think...