Wiring up a car stereo

Hey

I've been trying to wire up a few stereos however i haven't had much luck.

There is power going to the cables but i can't get any response on the stereo.

I currently have:

From the car ------------------------ Stereo

Ignition wire (Grey) <----------> Red

Battery Wire (Blue w/Yellow Stripe) <----------> Yellow

Earth Wire (Black) <------------> Black

All the connections are secure but i can't seem to get any life in the stereo.

Also, when i attach the ariel cable, the clock turns off?

Here a is a picture of the wiring, sorry if it aint clear, i can take another.

P1030031.jpg

Help would be greatful.

Cheers guys/gals

Holy cow who the heck did that!?

It was even worse when i got it. Live wires everywhere, started smoking one day and i was like hmm what is that, took the stereo off and all these bare wires were sparking.

Stupid past owner >.<

think im taking mine out tomoro so if i do ill take some pics and make note of what does what mate :thumbsup:

also you have an ignition live, and a battery live, mines a pioneer, and i know it needs both feeds (well im pretty sure it does) to work

it turns on using the ignition, but has battery mains so it holds all its settings etc

think im taking mine out tomoro so if i do ill take some pics and make note of what does what mate :thumbsup:

also you have an ignition live, and a battery live, mines a pioneer, and i know it needs both feeds (well im pretty sure it does) to work

it turns on using the ignition, but has battery mains so it holds all its settings etc

Yeah that would be handy.

It's just a standard kenwood tape player i'm trying. I was just following a wiring guide for "Typical new radio equivalent"

Could possibly be wrong.

Just so boring driving without at least the radio. HELP ME!!! haha

Yeah that was the "Fastest way" to get the stereo out he said.

Or on the other hand he is just a spaz? haha.

Said he tried to wire it back up but it gave him a shock. I asked him, by any chance did you have the ignition on? He replied yes then i was like well there's your problem.

The fuse isn't blown for the stereo as it is the same one used to the cigarette lighter? Am i correct?

go back to guy u bought car car off and slap him :thumbsup: probaly took him longer to cut all those wires than it woulda to unclip the iso plug.

its more effort but id sujest getting a new iso plug and wiring it in properly so its easy for future changes

go back to guy u bought car car off and slap him :thumbsup: probaly took him longer to cut all those wires than it woulda to unclip the iso plug.

its more effort but id sujest getting a new iso plug and wiring it in properly so its easy for future changes

That's what i said to him. Not much patience i guess.

Will that work? Cause at the moment i have all the neccessary power cables going to the stereo.

Cheers

well if u could get an iso ideal cut from loom with some good lenght wires still joined on would make your life alot easyer just match up the colours.

but since hes butcherd those wires he mighta done something futher back that has damaged something else.

sadly with other people bodge jobs it mighta saved him 30secs of his life to look and go "hey! it unclips there!" but can take u hours to sort it out

just use bullet connectors, if youve got the colour code on the wires 100% rite than theres only a few things left to check,

1. check fuses

2. with the stereo connected, attach a cable to the ground coming out of the stereo, and ground the cable to the chassis - if the stereo works bad ground

3. does the stereo work

4. if all above doesnt work then the loom has been cut/modified somewhere else

hope that helps mate, but F*ck buying loom connectors - once the cables are cut it makes no difference what you reconnect back on to them

i think this is the diagram for the wires too, oh and i agree with shaun too

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf