What should i do.

well atm i am doing a Degree in Network management and design at portsmouth uni.

i find that shit, its not what i do. i like cars and allways have. i find it hard to concentrate in lectures (all i think about is cars and how i miss my glanza lol) never looked at new computer shit.

what one is good for me to start with? i think i am going to ditch Portsmouth uni...

BSc (Hons) Motorsport Engineering (Top Up)

FdEng Foundation Degree in Motor Sport Engineering

Foundation Degree In Motor Sport

National Diploma in Vehicle Technology

NVQ Level 2 Vehicle Maintenance & Repair

Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Level 2 & 3

Any good courses anyone know of then?. i don't want to continue this course lol

edit -

i would like to be able to take the engine apart, rape it and put it back togather. (and put all the screws in place)

ive got a degree in motorsport tech, it was the best degree i could have done but hes the reality of it,

I now recruit banking professionals for tier 1 investment banks.

Trust me when i say this, unless youve got a hook up in the trade, f*ck off any ideas of using a motorsport degree in todays market.

If you do have a hook up, go for it and never look back.

it doesn't have to be motorsport. that was just some examples.

fair play mate

id say foundation motorsport and then a full degree (if your good with maths then you dont need a foundation, just go straight for a degree.)

you cover alot of modules that are interchangable like statistics, physics, aerodynamics, cad/cam, engine theory, etc and a shit load of fun ones like engine building, motorsport theory, practical projects and if the uni you choose has one, join their racing team

anyway thats just my two cents

As Kiran said pretty much all engineering is the same, and 90% of automotive engineering relates to motorsport.

Tbh its not what you know these days its who you know, hopefully I'll have my BEng Hons next year for Motorsport Design and Engineering, whether I will have a job at the end of it who knows :wacko:

i found this at a nearby college.

Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Light Vehicle) Level 1 Award and Level 2 Certificate:

Building on Vehicle Fitting Level 1 Award. The course includes the Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Technical Certificate Level 1. Topics: vehicle tyres, brakes, steering, suspension, light vehicle engines, light vehicle transmissions, electrical and electronic systems.

1 year full time..

then i go on and do:

Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Light Vehicle) NVQ Level 3

This course comprises the final year of the Apprenticeship including Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Light Vehicle) IMI Diploma and NVQ 3. Topics: diagnose complex system faults, identify and agre customer vehicle needs.

This one any good?

i sort of did the same mate, i used to be really into computers

website design

programming

building PCs

and spent all of my spare time doing it. then i started working in it as a Systems Admin.

I enjoy my job, as its something i like.

but i dont spend anywhere as much time looking up PC stuff in my own time

instead i looked for a passion that wasnt related to my work, and thats how i got into cars and motors

and now i spend my time at work thinking about my car, and that.

i think you have something which is a passion but once your doing it all day every day you want something else to get enthuasasitc about

i would always keep my job and passion seperate, for me im lucky, as ive got two ;)

I'm the same dude, during my a levels i did my cisco ccna courses. I did CCNA 1, 2, 3, 4, just didnt take the final exam in london. Im a computer networker for John Lewis, which is basic most of the time but sometimes involves a little more out of the ordinary when the shit hits the fan and the servers all go down. But i dont sit and read up on new tech for comps and that sort of thing, i spend most of the time reading banzai n jap performance or looking at the internet for that next purchase for the car. I often think about leaving and start doing mechanics etc but I have too many out goings and cant afford to not have my income in every month and im a career path which pay wise should pick up soon. If you have the money then follow your dreams dude other wise you wont be happy but good luck what ever you do.

sam