hey all

you's will prob of seen this been ask about a million times

but if you could giv feedback it would b great

i have a 96 glanza v (pics of car in profile)

mods;

hks boost gauge (high boost at 0.6bar, is that ok ?)

blitz full cat bak exhaust

" dump valve

set of coilovers

apexi induction kit

alloy wheels

everything else standard

i am not looking for massive bhp

round about the 180 mark

i have about £1000 to spend

cheers

Discs and pads £150ish

Braided lines £80ish

Wepr fmic £320 ish

Mild steel mani £275ish

ECU £300-500ish

Decat pipe£150ish

Fuel pump£80

RRFPR£80

Hybrid turbo£450-700

Decent tyres£60-80 each some rough costs there for ya mate,most if not all of the above can be fitted youself too! :)

Ud be wise to invest in some uprated brake discs and pads, also braided lines then id bung the rest on a fmic kit makes a lot of difference

yea i forgot to say that is the 1st mods i was going to do before anything else

they all the mods that i have on the car already

also on your wish list "cusco panhand rod"

always wanted to knnow what that is ?

is like a strut brace or am i completely on the wrong track ?

Discs and pads £150ish

Braided lines £80ish

Wepr fmic £320 ish

Mild steel mani £275ish

ECU £300-500ish

Decat pipe£150ish

Fuel pump£80

RRFPR£80

Hybrid turbo£450-700

Decent tyres£60-80 each some rough costs there for ya mate,most if not all of the above can be fitted youself too! :)

cheers for the info

nice mods there but i think the ecu mods is a bit extreme for me or do you need that for the kind of power that i am wanting ?

the panhard rod is an adjustable replacement of the standard bar that links the two rear wheels, as u lower the car it pulls one wheel in, this bar is adjusted to push them both back out and keep a more even line for the rear wheels

ECU isn't essential for what you want to achieve power wise but should you wish to go higher then it'll be needed.If not fitting an ecu you'll need some form of fuel cut defencer hks make a popular one.

ecu mods is a bit extreme for me

They don't have to be extreme, you can just get a plug-and-play JDM replacement ECU, but they're mapped for specific spec'd cars in Japan so it's hard to get a matching one (if you even know what it's mapped for) but they remove the limiters and have more aggressive timing and fuelling.

Or you could get something like a piggyback ECU like the Greddy Emanage which is a popular choice up my way because my mate fits and maps them for a lot of the GT/Glanza guys for cheap (Lots of good testimonials of his work too!) Or something along the lines of a fuelling computer like SAFC

I have a few goodies for sale, with more soon prob when i can be bothered to bring them in from japan.

In regards to the ecu, i've just this week sold a blitz access (to fit the EP91 Glanza), which is a fully replacement ecu, has very aggressive ignition/fuel timing aswell as higher rev limit and the removal of all stock limiters (fuel cut, speed cut etc). After removing it from my car i didnt think it'd make much difference, but it feels like a chuffing slug now, forgot how boring stock starlet's are!!! :)

Could whack it up to 1bar with that thing (blitz decat, full exhaust, but no other mods) and it'd take it happily all day long, it really was a nice bit of kit.

I do have an Apexi Power FC (EP91) for sale at present, but obviously i'm asking some decent money for it (due to them being discontinued, and fully mappable).

I'll stick it in the for sale section if you want a gander.

cheers for all your help guys/gals

@lobo

what is a safc ??

what is a piggyback ?? are you still using the stock ecu ?

i might think in coming down your way in the future for that kind of mod

no garage around my way does this kind of stuff

@ecksjay

what is a apexi power fc ??

also 1bar of boost sounds high

what is standard hi boost ? is it 0.6bar ?

that blitz ecu sound amazing how much does one of them cost ?

Err, google apexi power fc mate, or just search over on tgtt for more info.

1bar is high, the blitz ecu sorted everything out (stock is around 0.6-0.7bar yes, unless you bypass the solenoid, then you'll get around 0.8bar).

The ecu's new are silly money, i just sold mine for £415.

Yes piggy-back ECU's still retain the factory ECU -- They generally intercept signals and adjust the voltage values being sent to the ECU which results in more or less fuelling (in the case of a fuel computer like SAFC) or ignition timing etc in the case of something like the Emanage.

I have the older Apexi SAFC (Super air flow converter) in my car and run the standard ECU -- Basically it lets you add or subtract up to 30% fuelling at 5 intervals across the rev range (800 - 2400 - 4000 - 5600 - 7200rpm)

They've discontinued the original model though, but you can get the SAFC II or NEO these days.

Yeah well if you wanna take that step to Emanage or whatever I'll give you my mate's email and you can work a deal out -- he's really reasonable though for the good work he does.

• 2 weeks later...
braided lines are metal coated brake lines encased in plastic they do not give under pressure like the standard rubber ones

under heavy and hard breaking is this my breaks feel as though they are about to fail?

sorry to be off topic by the way, well sort of off topic.