Weight saving time - what can i pull out here

Ok so most things have been stripped, although there are still some straglers left in my bay that i reckon can be pulled out, based on the pictures below, can you see anything that i have missed that can be pulled out.

I noticed there is a fuel filter and what i believe to the right of it is the old carbon filter, is this true and if so can i take it out? Also above middle top of the bay are a bunch of sensors, (can these go, which ones) someone told me that thesea are part of the old aircon unit and are no longer needed.

If you can see stuff i have missed please point it out :thumbsup:, oh i think im gonna chop out the battery holder, made a new one and it looks like about 1-2kg saving there :o

I also sprayed the engine bay black, it looks fookin awsome, pics dont do it justice, and here is the bitch ready to go in, clutch is on, i just need to drop it in.

DSC01163.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

I spoke to someone who had taken the power steering out of his and he said that it compeltly wrecked the handling of the car and it used to judder all over the place when turning without it. I think im gonna keep it in!

Power steering :thumbsup:

Power steering is also removed in my car, alot of saving both from and weight and engine load.

if you are going all out, how much is the interior stripped? there is ALOT of excessive/unecessary brackets and equiptment that arent needed imo on a dedicated track car. The full dash and heater matrix have all been binned.

Plastic windows, stripped and de-skinned doors and boot.

Also floor tar stuff weighs a ton.

Possibly more but thats just off the top of my head.

Hope this helps

Gary

Remove the carbon cansiter and run a vacuum from the fuel tank line to the little black box it was attached to.

Also above the igniter is the aircon sensors socks is on about :thumbsup:

Theres still loads you could do there.

Removing PAS I would recommend putting a NonPAS steering rack in.

the 2 little solinoids above the ignitor are to do with air con i believe and can be removed!

Which one is that?? and where to???

Yer if you search my name on TGTT - Stulet-gtt i done a little threadf about the carbon canister removel an a few peeps added some info to about it...

Hear is the thread about some of it...

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showth....Pic-s-inside...

Hear is some more bits to remove to save some weight, its in behind the glove box...

Few screew's an unplug some wires an its out...

DSCF0800.jpg

Seperate box an pull its guts out..

DSCF0801.jpg

DSCF0802.jpg

Then shove it back in...

DSCF0803.jpg

Where the pipes came out bulk head i jus taped over it for now till i get a propper bung sorted, condensor was heavyer than i thought it would be an wire loom out so lb's saved in weight...

Also can anyone tell me what this is???

DSCF0805.jpg

Just its on a big loop of pipe and an ugly braket, so i want to shorten the pipe to remove bracket...