loud knock from passenger rear :O, glanza

hi people..

i have recently started getting a loud knock sound when i turn right. it is coming from my passenger rear where my suspension is. i have jacked the car up and made sure everything is tight. yet the problem still occurrs. its extremely annoying as you know there are thousands of round-a-bouts everywhere. the harder i turn right the louder the 'knocky' 'clunky' noise is.

can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

much apreciated, Richie_GlanzaV

;) I have this exact same problem except it only happens when i turn hard left. I asked the question on another forum and they said that it could either be shocks or lower arm bush.

I have replaced the springs and shocks and its still making the noise. ;)

Ill jack the car up tomorrow and have a good look and see if the bushes need replacing.

Is your problem just 1 loud bang or multiple?

;) I have this exact same problem except it only happens when i turn hard left. I asked the question on another forum and they said that it could either be shocks or lower arm bush.

I have replaced the springs and shocks and its still making the noise. ;)

Ill jack the car up tomorrow and have a good look and see if the bushes need replacing.

Is your problem just 1 loud bang or multiple?

its a nightmare isnt it.. yeh mate its just one bang, depending on how hard i turn the louder it gets. then if i turn the opposite way it like re sets itself for the next right turn and bangs again, for you when you turn right then your next left turn does it bang again?

yep, bangs again even if I havent turned right (e.g 2x90º left turns). Im thinking it is the lower arm bush as I even tried swapping the rear suspension over. I hate having to take corners really slow to avoid making it bang as everyone looks at you.

Another possibility could be something on the rear swaybar. Do you have 1 installed?

As i said before ill jack the rear up tomorrow and have a play around with a pry-bar/crowbar and see if anything is moving. Ill update you if I find anything.

Same for me however it's on the front drivers side. Horrible noise. Driving along, turns whilst going over a slight bump *CLUNK*......*CLUNK*

No idea. Obvs something with the suspension but i am not very confident with sorting it myself.

Payday soon... lol

Same for me however it's on the front drivers side. Horrible noise. Driving along, turns whilst going over a slight bump *CLUNK*......*CLUNK*

No idea. Obvs something with the suspension but i am not very confident with sorting it myself.

Payday soon... lol

lol.. yeh well i still havnt even had time to investigate it thoroughly, been flat out working but if i dont get it sorted soon im think i will end up in a mental home because its driving me :) MAD :) .

hopefully i will have some time to have a good look tomorrow and i will let yous know.

cheers, Richie_GlanzaV

• 1 month later...

Was talking to a friend over here who has owned a few starlets and thinks it might be a panhard rod bush.

I still cant pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from as my exhaust is now hitting my swaybar U bolt :lol:

top mounts. take ya strut off and take top mount off. norm a massive nut under there that comes loose with time. th big nut that holds top half to lower half of suspension. that should sortit. had same issue. tried everything and it was that.

Its not the top mounts. This was happening on my last spring and shock setup as well. I swapped the whole strut setup from an ep82 and the noise was still coming from the passengers side.

Just to be sure i even swapped the suspension from one side to the other and the noise kept on the same side.

• 1 month later...
Its not the top mounts. This was happening on my last spring and shock setup as well. I swapped the whole strut setup from an ep82 and the noise was still coming from the passengers side.

Just to be sure i even swapped the suspension from one side to the other and the noise kept on the same side.

hi mate i just bought a v with the same noise checked everything then got it over pit yester day and theres like a diagonal anti roll bar (dont know if it is a roll bar) and the bush on that has gone but when your under the car u can hardly see it moving (nearly missed it) defo the problem because wen i twisded the bar with my hand it stopped making the noise. ive posted on here t c if anyone knows were to get a poly bush set or even new standard ones but no luck as of yet let me know if this helps ya.

I had the exact problem on my N/A turning right thought it was a cv joint or something tightened the bolts on my wheels and never heard it again :s as you say youv made sure everything is tight just thought it was worth mentioning :/

hi mate i just bought a v with the same noise checked everything then got it over pit yester day and theres like a diagonal anti roll bar (dont know if it is a roll bar) and the bush on that has gone but when your under the car u can hardly see it moving (nearly missed it) defo the problem because wen i twisded the bar with my hand it stopped making the noise. ive posted on here t c if anyone knows were to get a poly bush set or even new standard ones but no luck as of yet let me know if this helps ya.

Cheers for that man, I have a feeling that it is a panhard rod bush so ill probably be getting this kit in the future and do the whole car with poly bushes ;)