• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know but he said i dont make the law i just enforce it the funny thing is this engine noise thing he was saying about that i said about ferrari s and V8 americian muscle cars he was like thats "engine noise" i was like oh right so thats okay he said yeah, i was like so i could put some fat V8 in this car and it would be okay no mater how loud it was,....... yes it would

fucking joke but least he was alright and that coming round and saying like you can still drive it i mean in reality he could of put a prohibiter on the car "/

you got it dude makes me laugh cause people who have spent £30,000 plus get oh thats engine noise where as car modifiers get thats exhaust noise my dad was like surely engine noise is exhaust noise

I would just take it to court, the worst that can happen is a fine but more to the point you can contest these limits hes pulling out of the air, the Db limit is set by the stock exhuast for each car, this 72db for a 2wd and 84 for a four wheel drive is complete shit, as like you said each car is different dependent on the engine size, why the hell does the drive train make any difference to the exhuast noise limits, sounds like complete bullcrap to me, i have just done a quick google on this subject and noticed this area is a bloody mine field.

It doesnt seem like there is any straight legislation on it, its the stock exhuast system Db by the looks of things or like you said the MOT station. I would get the data from Japan on the Db limit on the car of the production line first.

If he took it to court he would have to state under what legislation he is pulling these figures from, he cant just state them in his report, ask him to state EXACTLY the leigislation hes quoting, this should be put in writing before the court case so you can research it, if you feel you cant argue it then just plead guilty, if its the other way fight your case.

I have been to court a few times for car offences and won both times, so dont be put off by them bullying you! The court system actually works in your favour as well as theirs and they DO get it wrong some times.

so we spoke too pc smith today he said the legal limit now is 72db for a fwd car and 84 for a four wheel drive, he said they have to comply wth uk law so weather they re imported with loud exhaust or not they have too be quieter than 72db to comply with uk law, still said about the ferraris and like big american V8's but he avoided that and said he d see us tuesday to test the exhaust with the baffle in "/ all i got now is the VOSA mot point and the ferrari's and americain muscle cars and the fact that you only get this in suffolk and no other county FUCK I HATE THE OINKY OINK OINK OINK PIGS im all legal and they r estill harrasing me i honestly am like WTF so id be better in a ferrari going everywhere in 1st or 2nd gear??? but cause i spend over 100 grand im legal?? cunts

but on another note, 98db IS LOUD! some of the tracks i goto impose 95db limits or you cant go on and thats a track!

I would just take it to court, the worst that can happen is a fine but more to the point you can contest these limits hes pulling out of the air, the Db limit is set by the stock exhuast for each car, this 72db for a 2wd and 84 for a four wheel drive is complete shit, as like you said each car is different dependent on the engine size, why the hell does the drive train make any difference to the exhuast noise limits, sounds like complete bullcrap to me, i have just done a quick google on this subject and noticed this area is a bloody mine field.

It doesnt seem like there is any straight legislation on it, its the stock exhuast system Db by the looks of things or like you said the MOT station. I would get the data from Japan on the Db limit on the car of the production line first.

If he took it to court he would have to state under what legislation he is pulling these figures from, he cant just state them in his report, ask him to state EXACTLY the leigislation hes quoting, this should be put in writing before the court case so you can research it, if you feel you cant argue it then just plead guilty, if its the other way fight your case.

I have been to court a few times for car offences and won both times, so dont be put off by them bullying you! The court system actually works in your favour as well as theirs and they DO get it wrong some times.